Ford Everest v Toyota Fortuna

Macnick

Digressing slightly but when it comes to batteries i.e. the top up type , in the UK the water top up has to cover the plates by half inch or so I believe but here in Thailand they added the water to just under the screw top in a pick up of mine that had a battery go flat and all was good after that .  Is that the correct thing to do over here ? 

I’m guessing had the plates been covered by a half inch of electrolyte, it would not have gone flat.

I always fill to just below the fill tubes. I imagine you’ll go through a lot more water (and batteries) here than you did in the UK.

If your electrolyte level did get below the plates, your battery is likely not going to last long.

7 minutes ago, mogandave said:

I’m guessing had the plates been covered by a half inch of electrolyte, it would not have gone flat.

I always fill to just below the fill tubes. I imagine you’ll go through a lot more water (and batteries) here than you did in the UK.

If your electrolyte level did get below the plates, your battery is likely not going to last long.

I am a bit surprised my latest fill-able battery isn't using any water, all the others did..:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, fredob43 said:

Now on my 3rd Toyo. First one a Vigo had that for 4+ years. 2nd Tuna had that for over 8 years. Now have the new Tuna. Have I had any rattles problems or any other problems come to that not one. Other than changing the battery but that seems common thing in  LOS.

Can I ask with what car you compare? Harrier?Kluger? Cygnus? LC?Prado?:) 

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, ardokano said:

Camry -superb ??:) so what is Crown? What is Mark?:)) you make my day.

Crown is on my Tooth, Mark is a friend from England.!!. Do sit down Dear.! I find You funny, most up their own arse lot dont.:stoner:

3 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Crown is on my Tooth, Mark is a friend from England.!!. Do sit down Dear.! I find You funny, most up their own arse lot dont.:stoner:

I know guy Mark from England too:)) His funny.. Even when him pinched dust from the body some:))

19 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

How many Cliks it done in 12 years.?. Most ferangs go nowhere sept Big C or Sin City .

120,000km, but Ardon has stated LOS built Fortuner (Vigo) fall apart after 10,000km which is complete nonsense...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, transam said:

We are comparing your problem ride with the SAME rides...NO rattles, squeaks of any sort reported, only yours..Strange that....bored.gif.c7cb080f655ee312a5c8927598ef3230.gif

Ha ha. Yes I few time drived some Thai guys Hiluxe and Tuna. And they say not squeaks:))) but when I was show. They say. Ah this .. Its normal its not squeaks:)))

After a tell some sit in my car( not Toyota) and say show me where same as yours... They not have  what to say:))

Where is riders? I am sure if ride Tuna bumper get gups. Because even 120-140 km/h few hour drive its be Gups.

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, transam said:

120,000km, but Ardon has stated LOS built Fortuner (Vigo) fall apart after 10,000km which is complete nonsense...

Its nonsense... Its sad realty: (((

Before I ask you how you drive your car? whether you were in puddles. speed on the road what? Etc

7 minutes ago, transam said:

Then you start a topic with a poll....I think you can do that.....

"Did your Toyota Fortuner or Vigo assembled in Thailand start rattling, squeaking and panels moving around after 10,000km".....

Go for it, the answers may open your eyes, though I don't think you have the balls...:stoner:

even if a hundred people say on a lemon that this is a potato, this will not change anything. the lemon as was, still will remain a lemon.:)

4 minutes ago, ardokano said:

even if a hundred people say on a lemon that this is a potato, this will not change anything. the lemon as was, still will remain a lemon.:)

So what you Say.? If you nurse anything from a Rolls to a Chin MG it wont rattle. My family could break a Abraham's Tank in peacetime.:stoner:

Its pretty simple really.  If you want a good ,reliable, trouble free vehicle that you will be happy with for years..buy the Toyota.  If you are not concerned about the above qualities but instead looking for something that looks big, comes in bright colours and you can drive around yelling look at me, look at me, then you want the Ford (thats why the Thais like em).

13 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

So what you Say.? If you nurse anything from a Rolls to a Chin MG it wont rattle. My family could break a Abraham's Tank in peacetime.:stoner:

you can certainly break everything. but the use of the car is not even at the limit of its capabilities. I used a lot of cars on a wide range of possibilities, and this, too, was Toyota. But nothing of the kind happened..:)))

1 minute ago, ThaiFelix said:

Its pretty simple really.  If you want a good ,reliable, trouble free vehicle that you will be happy with for years..buy the Toyota.  If you are not concerned about the above qualities but instead looking for something that looks big, comes in bright colours and you can drive around yelling look at me, look at me, then you want the Ford (thats why the Thais like em).

Would be nice if folk with a Toyota Fortuner (Vigo) would come forward to say their ride started making noises after 10 or even 100,000km....Cos I have never heard this stuff...

4 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

And TRD Fortuna Drivers, but your right about the rest.

21 minutes ago, transam said:

Would be nice if folk with a Toyota Fortuner (Vigo) would come forward to say their ride started making noises after 10 or even 100,000km....Cos I have never heard this stuff...

I have a Vigo Champ.  I bought the single cab off the showroom floor in Bangkok because I was building a house out in the sticks (few construction shops and no deliveries out here).  Ok it has not done a lot of kms in those 3 years...only 25,000 kms.  But most have been hard kms.  Many many full loads of construction materials, tiles etc from Udon 2 hours away.  I am heavy footed on the road as well.  Trips out to the farm on unsealed roads with full loads of bagged fertilizer or the other way with full loads of bagged rice or firewood.  If I blindfolded you and put you in this pickup today you would swear it was brand new...no squeeks or rattles at all.  The only time it does squeek or rattle is on shopping trips with the wife lol!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

I have a Vigo Champ.  I bought the single cab off the showroom floor in Bangkok because I was building a house out in the sticks (few construction shops and no deliveries out here).  Ok it has not done a lot of kms in those 3 years...only 25,000 kms.  But most have been hard kms.  Many many full loads of construction materials, tiles etc from Udon 2 hours away.  I am heavy footed on the road as well.  Trips out to the farm on unsealed roads with full loads of bagged fertilizer or the other way with full loads of bagged rice or firewood.  If I blindfolded you and put you in this pickup today you would swear it was brand new...no squeeks or rattles at all.  The only time it does squeek or rattle is on shopping trips with the wife lol!

Weeeeell, I have not yet read any complaint yet....And I have searched...:stoner:

36 minutes ago, transam said:

Weeeeell, I have not yet read any complaint yet....And I have searched...:stoner:

So not complained and what? People even do not know can be much more better. So not complaining.Talk in fact. Take Harrier and use as I am use Tuna. And Harrier not have any problems as Tuna. And its Fact...!!!

4 minutes ago, mogandave said:

He’s trying to bash Toyotas, it helps him feel better about his Yugo..

Thank you for that, I was getting quite confused by most of his Replies/Posts. Still none to sure how he's bashing Toyo's though.

Note to self don't read any of his posts. There's enough drivel on TV as it is.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/18/2018 at 5:21 PM, mogandave said:

He’s trying to bash Toyotas, it helps him feel better about his Yugo..

How trying bash Toyotas if I give example Toyota what I like and its good car... Do you use Toyota? Any real Toyota as example Harrier?Kluger? Cygnus? LC?Prado

On 5/18/2018 at 1:59 PM, ThaiFelix said:

Oldest trick in the Book.Cause they deliver and collect even in the jungle. Cheap as Chips too.