Ayutthaya trip - how much for taxi

bbi1

Thinking about making an Ayutthaya trip soon from around the lower Sukhumvit area. Does anyone know the approximately the lowest price a taxi will go from here to Ayutthaya for? Also, what about a return trip, would it  be possible to get a taxi back to BKK and if so roughly what do they charge?

I would estimate that the price to rent a taxi for the day is somewhere in the region of 3000thb

Afaik the rented taxis (rented by the drivers) have shift changes at 4am and 4pm, so if you want to be home later than 4pm you have to find a taxi which is not rented.

If you ask a few taxis somebody will probably agree to take you.

Edited by jackdd

Thanks for the comments everyone. 3,000 baht+ was more than I was expecting. I was hoping it was around 2,000 baht or slightly more there and back with the driver staying the whole day with us.

2 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

If you've not been on a Thai train, it's a pleasant choice for this route. Plenty of options on the return, but taxi seems very pricey for somewhere that close. 

It will be for 2 people the trip during Songkran so I'm thinking it will be super crowded on the trains if taking the normal cheap class ticket. If buying a decent class ticket would amount to about 650 baht for two people each way, plus costs to get to Hua Lampong and costs to travel around Ayutthaya, therefore coming close to 2,000 baht anyway.