Canned salmon in Bangkok

AlphaCanadian

I have only seen canned salmon at Foodland (and only at one location).

At 150 baht a can it is a little pricey.

I can also order canned salmon online from Iherb but it is also pricy.

Where can I get canned salmon in Bangkok at a reasonable price?

Thanks in advance.

Canned salmon is very hard to get...even ikea doesn't have it...they have smoked and frozen salmon though.

Best is to buy fresh salmon which comes in many different prices and qualities.

Sometimes the CP-freshmarkets have promotion on frozen salmon, pay 2 get 3 packs...

Canned salmon is rubbish and toxic. Avoid it like the plague. As you should with all 'farmed' salmon. You should only ever eat wild Pacific salmon that isn't contaminated with radionuclides from Fukushima, and that's extremely hard to get and super-expensive. My advice: stick to sardines, they're supercheap and safe.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 4/14/2018 at 8:00 AM, Thian said:

Canned salmon is very hard to get...even ikea doesn't have it...they have smoked and frozen salmon though.

Best is to buy fresh salmon

I'm back in the UK at the moment and just came back from Tesco having bought 8 frozen Alaskan wild salmon fillets (660 grams in total) for £6. In Bangkok I pay over double that for Makro's frozen farmed salmon.

How much is the IKEA frozen salmon in Thailand?

The 'fresh' salmon is not really fresh, just defrosted, cut up and left to go slowly rotten in store.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2018 at 8:39 AM, Thainess said:

You should only ever eat wild Pacific salmon that isn't contaminated with radionuclides from Fukushima, and that's extremely hard to get and super-expensive.

They sell 'Norwegian salmon' in Gourmet Market for about 1500/KG.

There's a couple of others which go up in price to about 2500/KG. They're slightly different in colour but taste about the same to me.

1 hour ago, edwardandtubs said:

I'm back in the UK at the moment and just came back from Tesco having bought 8 frozen Alaskan wild salmon fillets (660 grams in total) for £6. In Bangkok I pay over double that for Makro's frozen farmed salmon.

How much is the IKEA frozen salmon in Thailand?

The 'fresh' salmon is not really fresh, just defrosted, cut up and left to go slowly rotten in store.

Well at IKEA thailand everything costs about double compared to europe, but your steaks are very small with 80 grams...i thought i had seen 4 frozen ikea salmonsteaks for 600 baht....but they are larger i guess.

Salmon costs much more this year, about 30% more than last year.

24 minutes ago, Thian said:

Well at IKEA thailand everything costs about double compared to europe, but your steaks are very small with 80 grams...i thought i had seen 4 frozen ikea salmonsteaks for 600 baht....but they are larger i guess.

An 80 gram fish steak sounds more like 'fish fingers' to me.

Edited by ukrules

1 minute ago, ukrules said:

An 80 gram fish steak sounds more like 'fish fingers' to me.

In the CP shops they also sell frozen salmonsteaks of 80 grams, sometimes they are buy 2 get 3....those are nice but too small for me. I need 2 of them.

On 4/16/2018 at 2:39 AM, Thainess said:

Canned salmon is rubbish and toxic. Avoid it like the plague. As you should with all 'farmed' salmon. You should only ever eat wild Pacific salmon that isn't contaminated with radionuclides from Fukushima, and that's extremely hard to get and super-expensive. My advice: stick to sardines, they're supercheap and safe.

Canned Pacific salmon is made from wild fish it's Atlantic salmon that is farmed,canned salmon used to be considered as nutritious as fresh.Do the can farmed salmon?

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 6:32 AM, adammike said:

Canned Pacific salmon is made from wild fish it's Atlantic salmon that is farmed,canned salmon used to be considered as nutritious as fresh.Do the can farmed salmon?

Canned salmon fresh? Not even when it goes into the can, let alone when you eat it months later.