90 Day Reporting Grace Period

I made a small boo boo with the 90 day reporting dates. My reporting date should gave been the 10th of April. I just want to make sure that the seven day grace period is still in place. If it is then I have until the 17th of April to check in. The office is closed tomorrow the 16th of April. Can somebody please confirm this please ? And also what is the penalty if you miss the 90 day reporting date grace period ? I cant do this online once it passes the actual checkin date either. I tried.

Edited by ozbanglamung
needed to ad extra info

OK thanks ubonjoe. I am going to use the excuse that the Retirement Visa renewal I did three weeks ago confused me  (first renewal) which it did because I assumed that the checkin date would reset to three months from the start date of the renewed visa which is the 28th of March.

4 minutes ago, ozbanglamung said:

OK thanks ubonjoe. I am going to use the excuse that the Retirement Visa renewal I did three weeks ago confused me  (first renewal) which it did because I assumed that the checkin date would reset to three months from the start date of the renewed visa which is the 28th of March.

Only the first extension of stay application counts as a 90 day report.

A few offices do a report and put a new receipt in your passport when you apply for the extension.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Only the first extension of stay application counts as a 90 day report.

A few offices do a report and put a new receipt in your passport when you apply for the extension.

That was my first Retirement Visa extension of stay but they didn't replace the paper in my passport. This was at the Pattaya Immigration Office.

By the way after reading all the horror stories about wait times to get the Retirement Visa and 12 Month Multi Entry renewed the entire process took about thirty minutes ( with a weekend in between for the Retirement Visa to be approved and stamped). I could not believe it and the place was packed as well. 

25 minutes ago, ozbanglamung said:

That was my first Retirement Visa extension of stay but they didn't replace the paper in my passport. This was at the Pattaya Immigration Office.

You wrote it was your first renewal. 

Was it your first extension of a 90 day entry from a non-o visa or a one year entry from a OA visa?

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You wrote it was your first renewal. 

Was your first extension of a 90 day entry from a non-o visa or one year entry from a OA visa?

non-o and I see your point. Thanks for your help, lets see what happens on Tuesday. Worst case scenario I pay the fine. My fault anyway.

3 hours ago, ozbanglamung said:

non-o and I see your point. Thanks for your help, lets see what happens on Tuesday. Worst case scenario I pay the fine. My fault anyway.

You might get lucky. I have known people report on day 97 and not be fined, but depends on the IO/offices interpretation of the rules. The rules say you must report within 7 days after day 90, which effectively gives you 6 extra days and makes your last day the 16th. It's best to take the rule literally and expect only to have 6 extra days, but some IO's do seem to give 7. I'm not sure you'll get much sympathy for the office being closed for 5 days because you had 2 weeks before the due date to make the report.

22 hours ago, ozbanglamung said:

It has been several years, but when I made that incorrect assumption after my first annual renewal, I still had to pay the fine of 2,000 baht at Pattaya Immigration. One other time, a few years later, I missed the deadline and went over the grace period a couple of weeks when I realized it -- simply forgot to put the due date in my calendar. Again, the fine was 2,000 baht and a frown from the Immigration Officer.

23 hours ago, ozbanglamung said:

Mmm -- Visa are never renewed.  I assume you applied for and were given an 'extension of stay' which is not a visa!  

• Like 1

When I go in for my 90 day reporting, I get the report date for the next 90 day visit and make out the form for the next reporting date.  I print out the form and set up a date in the calendar function of my mobile phone.   Why?  Well, when I was working my employer did not turn in my report on time and I was very late.  I forgot about it myself for 14 years.  When the provincial immigration offices were established, I told the officer my problem and he only charged me 2,000 baht.  I was lucky so now, I don't take any chances.  I use the Nonthaburi office and they can be very strict  when they want to be.

On 15/04/2018 at 9:56 AM, ozbanglamung said:

if one goes out of the country yur 90  days starts from the day upon return

On 4/15/2018 at 9:56 AM, ozbanglamung said:

i did the same (regarding the renewal) and got landed with a 2,000 fine for late 90 day

• 1 month later...

Just thought I would post a final update on this.

I walked into the Pattaya Immigration Office at about 9.00am on the 17th (technically one day over the seven day grace period)

I got my queue number, waited 2 minutes and got called over to the counter. An older (over 25 [emoji12]) female officer was sitting there and not looking very happy (who would having to deal with idiot farangs like me everyday).

Now before I sat down I said Suwadi Krub and then did the wei thing (and she did it back) and then I said good morning with a smile and I handed over my passport and the form.

Fifteen seconds later I was skipping out the door no questions asked and fine free.

So three possibilities here got me through.

1. Maybe, as I did, she thought the 17th was the 7th day and I wasn’t over.

2. They make up the rules as they see fit.

3. it was the fact that I was very polite and devastatingly good looking. [emoji849]

Nevertheless I won’t make the same mistake twice.?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1