Please Help The Clueless...

StickKettleOn

Sorry guys, I appreciate this is a failry basic question (to most of you at least), but i need help in setting up Outlook for dial up.

My TOT ADSL has been down all day and I have work to do. Just been out and brought a True 7 day card which i used for months before i aquired ADSl. Thrwon my old dial up modem back on. I have a slow connection up and running, but cant get Outlook to work.

For outgoing SMTP i have tried 'mail.trueclick.co.th.... Which i think is correct. 5 google pages with 3 different search terms could not help me find a list of SMTP's for LOS but i recall that may be correct.

Aside from that, test account settings does not correctly recieve - and it should, regardless of outgoing SMTP.

Also, when i changed to ADSl i remember changing something on the server port settings - but cant remeber what i did. Do i need different settings for dial up?

Any other settings i have missed or need for dial up?

Many, many thanks

SKO

I'm not sure you had to change your POP and SMTP settings. Since your email is still going out and coming in from the same source, the original settings should work. You just need to change your connection settings from LAN to Phone Line.

Try this... (I'm doing this from memory so your screen may look just a little bit different.)

In Outlook:

TOOLS > ACCOUNT SETTINGS > Click on the account you're try to connect with and click "Change Settings." This brings up a box, Change EMail Account. Click on "More Settings" or "Advanced Settings" (whatever). This brings up another box called "Internet Email Settings" Click the "Connection" tab and change it from CONNECT USING LAN to CONNECT USING PHONE LINE.

To prevent future problems of this type, my suggestion is to get a Google Mail (gmail) account. GMail works great with Outlook and provides detailed instructions on how to use Outlook to send and receive your mail via the GMail account. Plus, your GMail account can even check your other POP addresses and fetch your mail from those outside sources. So IF / WHEN you ever do get your TOT / TRUE email settings, GMail can use those to send and receive your email.

Hope this works for you!

Edited by Rice_King