looking for a condo to rent in Bangkok

GeKoSc

Presently I am living in Pattaya and want to rent for 1 year a furnished 1BR condo in Bangkok as of 1st of May. 

Requierements: 
- easy access to public transport, 
- GYM, 
- pool, 
- some green area, 
- price range would be Baht 7.000-10.000...

Any suggestion where to find good offers, in which areas of Bangkok to concentrate my search and what else to consider for my project (contract, services, etc.)?  All suggestions are welcome...

If you want gym and pool and are only willing to pay up to 10k, the only recommendation I can give you is SS condo in Sukhumvit101/1. 700 meters from Udomsuk BTS. It's a nice condo , not very old building , with pool and gym. 1 br rooms around 30 sqm. I paid 10k for a 1 year contract.

• Thanks 1

If you want gym and pool and are only willing to pay up to 10k, the only recommendation I can give you is SS condo in Sukhumvit101/1. 700 meters from Udomsuk BTS. It's a nice condo , not very old building , with pool and gym. 1 br rooms around 30 sqm. I paid 10k for a 1 year contract.

Normal government rates on electricity, and 3BB internet start from 590 baht/ month.

• Thanks 1

"Contemp Condo" on Pridi 13 off Sukhumvit 71 in Phra Khanong sort of has what you want. 30 s/m room with balcony and tub bath. (very) small swimming pool and fitness room.  TV and internet included, also microwave and fridge.  Power separate billed at B7/unit.  B8000-10,000 depending on contract.

http://www.thaiapartment.com/apartment/the-contemp-3064

• Thanks 1

On 4/17/2018 at 2:45 AM, dddave said:

Power separate billed at B7/unit

Not a good option then , government rates are 4.3ish / unit.  So expect almost double price on electricity .  Plenty of other condos that charge normal rates. 

• Thanks 1

On 16/4/2018 at 4:28 PM, balo said:

The condo looks nice....Do they accept cooking? I have contacted several condos but they do not accept cooking...

10 hours ago, GeKoSc said:

The condo looks nice....Do they accept cooking?

Yes its standard kitchen inside, If I remember correctly , with a kitchen fan installed.  I cooked food there. 

Stay in pattaya. Your price range will put you so far out in the suburbs you will be the only farang . Pattaya will seem like a distant dream..dont do it unless you can at least double your budget putting you in a half descent area with an expat community

7 - 10,000 per month??? Hey cheap charlie, you might want to consider returning to your home country as Thailand is obviously out of your price range. A good apartment in BKK with gym, pool, etc. costs at least that much per week.

2 hours ago, Thainess said:

7 - 10,000 per month??? Hey cheap charlie, you might want to consider returning to your home country as Thailand is obviously out of your price range. A good apartment in BKK with gym, pool, etc. costs at least that much per week.

Yes? I do not believe that.... View this condos: http://www.renthub.in.th/เจ-พาร์ค-เรสซิเดนท์-ณ-ชินเขต-j-park-residences-chinnakhet

http://www.renthub.in.th/en/s-residence They may have no pool but about 600 meters away you´ll get pool and GYM for 1500 Baht/month so still within my price range...in both cases BTS and Commercial centers are within walking range...

23 minutes ago, GeKoSc said:

Yes? I do not believe that.... View this condos: http://www.renthub.in.th/เจ-พาร์ค-เรสซิเดนท์-ณ-ชินเขต-j-park-residences-chinnakhet

http://www.renthub.in.th/en/s-residence They may have no pool but about 600 meters away you´ll get pool and GYM for 1500 Baht/month so still within my price range...in both cases BTS and Commercial centers are within walking range...

Actually he is right about that 7-10k is too low for what you were looking in your first post (of course you don't need four times this, but probably twice)

The first apartment which you posted charges you extra for fridge, tv, internet and if you walk you probably need 30 minutes to reach the BTS :P

The second one is small, no gym, no pool, no green are, but in walking distance to BTS

Both are apartments and not condos, so the cost for electricity will be about 50-100% higher than in a condo

39 minutes ago, GeKoSc said:

Where do you see BTS?

"Locatedin heart of Nangwongwan, on the corner of Chinakate 1 .10 minutes away fromNangwongwan express way "

did you read this?

Other Service Fee

Refrigerator Rental 500 baht/unit/month

TV rental 1,000 baht/unit/month

True Internet Fee (Wi-Fi 4 Mb) 599 baht/month

Parking Space 500 baht/car/month

Key Card deposit 200 baht/card"

Your in the middle of nowhere . After the buzz of pattaya your going to need treatment for depression after 3 months in the Bangkok outer burbs.

Why are you so hung up on it?

Edited by InMyShadow

Again I can only recommend SS condo in Suk 101 /1 . 700 m from Udomsuk BTS . Only 10k for a 12 month contract.
Nice swimming pool and gym. You can't ask for more at this price. Similar condos go for 15 to 20k.

1 hour ago, balo said:

Again I can only recommend SS condo in Suk 101 /1 . 700 m from Udomsuk BTS . Only 10k for a 12 month contract.
Nice swimming pool and gym. You can't ask for more at this price. Similar condos go for 15 to 20k.

Sure they go for 15 to 20k but in Asoke !!! not woop woop. I should know I bought off the plan in that condo on 101 and flipped to a jap. Its generally a 1km walk to the BTS and the condo shuttle is unrealible

10k is its correct price. 15 to 20k ? your in lala land:biggrin:

Edited by InMyShadow

7 hours ago, Dick Crank said:

I do know what cheap places are like.

Do you ?  Cheap places are where mostly Thais live , they pay 2-4000 in rent for basic rooms , in old buildings. I would never manage to live in a place like that. 

SS Condo is a modern condo with all the facilities. The only drawbacks are the size of the rooms , if you want 2 br condo move somewhere else. 

In SS you'll find a mix of nationalities , both westernes and Asians.  And I don't mind the location , even if it's 700 meters to BTS. And also not too far from Mega Bangna with a bus/bike. 

Edited by balo
  • Thanks 1

On 24.4.2018 at 12:25 PM, InMyShadow said:

Where do you see BTS?

"Locatedin heart of Nangwongwan, on the corner of Chinakate 1 .10 minutes away fromNangwongwan express way "

did you read this?

Other Service Fee

Refrigerator Rental 500 baht/unit/month

TV rental 1,000 baht/unit/month

True Internet Fee (Wi-Fi 4 Mb) 599 baht/month

Parking Space 500 baht/car/month

Key Card deposit 200 baht/card"

Your in the middle of nowhere . After the buzz of pattaya your going to need treatment for depression after 3 months in the Bangkok outer burbs.

Why are you so hung up on it?

MTS nearby is not needed in the first case since the following is within walking distance: The Mall,  Tesco Lotus, HomePro, TMB, KTB, etc.  But in order to complete: BTS/MRT/AirportLink Station MRT Wong Sawang ~ 3.7 km. MRT Ministry of Public Health ~ 3.7 km. 2 Bus Stops in walking distance... 
?Sounds this to you as it would be in the middle of nowhere? 

1 hour ago, GeKoSc said:

MTS nearby is not needed in the first case since the following is within walking distance: The Mall,  Tesco Lotus, HomePro, TMB, KTB, etc.  But in order to complete: BTS/MRT/AirportLink Station MRT Wong Sawang ~ 3.7 km. MRT Ministry of Public Health ~ 3.7 km. 2 Bus Stops in walking distance... 
?Sounds this to you as it would be in the middle of nowhere? 

Well lucky you  getting to hang out at tesco and home pro. Enjoy

And Enjoy your 3.7 k hike to the MRT especially in the monsoon season coming up. So why are you wasting your time here when your mind is made up already?

Go for it before that hot little condo gets nabbed by another farang :thumbsup:

18 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:

Well lucky you  getting to hang out at tesco and home pro. Enjoy

And Enjoy your 3.7 k hike to the MRT especially in the monsoon season coming up. So why are you wasting your time here when your mind is made up already?

Go for it before that hot little condo gets nabbed by another farang :thumbsup:

Your comments are somehow ridiculous and not those of a respectful person...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GeKoSc said:

Your comments are somehow ridiculous and not those of a respectful person...

Im actually agreeing with you .see my post above . Go for it and keep in touch

When do you move in?

Edited by InMyShadow