Tourist visa, 1 day done in Laos?

Can anyone confirm that now in Laos, you can apply and obtain a single entry tourist visa the same day. Before you had to turn in application one day and pickup stamped passport the next afternoon. I have heard that now you can turn in application in the morning and pick up stamped passport on the same afternoon. Can anyone confirm this? I must travel in a few days.

Also, I have traveled to Non Kai several times on my own without using a visa company. Leaving from Pattaya petro station on Sukumvit Rd. Pretty easy going to Laos border, paying for entry $35 and then to immigration for TR visa. Is it still possible to do your own visa run. Any new changes?

Thanks for your feedback.

1 hour ago, jst said:

thank you. i will make my plans accordingly. any known changes in travel from pattaya?

I note that there is an early morning flight from U-Tapao airport to Udon Thani. This could be convenient if you want to apply for the visa the same morning you leave Pattaya.

what about evidence of adequate finance? are they requiring this? will a recent bank statement work? 

If denied a tourist visa, will they grant 30 day stamp that can be renewed inside Thailand after 30 days?

Lots of questions, thanks for your help!

Edited by jst

4 minutes ago, jst said:

what about evidence of adequate finance? are they requiring this? will a recent bank statement work? 

They do not ask for financial proof.

4 minutes ago, jst said:

If denied a tourist visa, will they grant 30 day stamp that can be renewed inside Thailand after 30 days?

They only deny visas if you have gotten several from them already.

You could get a 30 day visa exempt entry (if you qualify for one) when you enter the country that can be extended for 30 days at immigration.

ok, so based on your answers, it looks like you only need filled out form, 1,000 baht for visa, passport photos, an valid passport? if so great. thank you, ubonjoe!

any posts about land travel to vientiane on here? i haven't done this trip in about 10 years.

1 hour ago, jst said:

ok, so based on your answers, it looks like you only need filled out form, 1,000 baht for visa, passport photos, an valid passport?

Also copies of passport data page and Laos entry stamp. You can quickly get these near the consulate.

1 hour ago, jst said:

any posts about land travel to vientiane on here? i haven't done this trip in about 10 years.

Depending on where you are traveling from, often the most convenient way to get to Vientiane in the morning, in time to apply the same day, is by flying early morning to Udon Thani. It takes about two to three hours from the Udon Thani airport to the Vientiane consulate. Other options tend to involve long bus trips or rail journeys with uncertain arrival times.