VIDEO: American attacks Thai at Bangkok airport "because his flight was cancelled"

Jonathan Fairfield

On 4/22/2018 at 2:13 AM, Thaidream said:

Yes, he touched you and you did not strike him  or pound his head into the pavement. As I mentioned- the problem is that so many people are prone to violence.  If a Thai person or even a foreigner would touch me- my first thought is not to strike back but to find out what they want.  Why is this so  hard to understand?

We can speculate all we want- and even if the Thai touched the American- his reaction was way over the top. He will be lucky to get a suspended sentence , full compensation to the Thai and deportation/blacklisted.  If this happened in America- he would be jailed and then sued for big money.

I believe that you are not correct about the legal actions (other than suing) that would happen in the States.

Assuming the Thai's story is true, he had already received his allegedly stolen property back. From his own story, at that point there was no physical interaction. In fact the supposed thief was retreating. The Thai then escalated the incident into a physical interaction. A successful defence attorney could show, from the video, that while merely having a hand on the other person and impeding their retreat could be construed as not enough provocation for the take down, bringing a hidden hand around in a threatening manner was. And in this case, assuming it was intelligently and successfully litigated, the law would side with the American. Sounds strange, but even if he was the aggressor by initially stealing the Thai's sign, having made an effort to end the interaction by retreating and only responding with like force means he was within his legal rights.

If you don't believe me Google "US law escalation".

While it seems like a strange concept to allow someone to wrong someone and then upon being pursued whilst retreating inflict harm on the other the law is there to protect society. Consider this; if someone stole my motorcycle should I be able to track it down to the local coffee shop, walk in and confront the only patron who coincidentally has the keys on the table, and as he runs away shoot him in the back? Or if he runs out the door leaving the keys behind can I hit him with a bat?

On Thu Apr 19 2018 at 7:39 AM, JAZZDOG said:

Just a wild guess, you're from Canada? Might be wrong but I don't think so. 

It's not  about me or where I am from, it's  about the violence that is part of a society culture and  politics.   More than  220 wars in little bit more than  two centuries of  existence.   They have to face  their  reality instead of  hiding  their heads under the  sand.   

• Confused 1