How to give money to my wife?

56 minutes ago, shy coconut said:

Having said that, I have not had a next day completion and any time I've ordered on a Friday,

then the money doesn't arrive until the following Monday.

O man, how do we expect next day when you send on Friday? Most of the time on weekdays, I get next day deposit.

1 hour ago, shy coconut said:

Also there is a £2000 limit on debit card usage, although that may be an unique requirement

for me.

I have US $20000 limit per day. It used to be $15000 and now they bumped me to $20000. Not sure why. May be based on total volume of transaction I have done with them.

Edited by onera1961

2 hours ago, catman20 said:

ou realize, of course, that it's not just for simplicity?  That's the only way allowed by law.  Unless she buys the land and you buy the structure ??????????????

could buy it in a company name  ?

He could.  But that's technically illegal if he's in control of the company.   No matter whose names are on the stock certificates.

Lots of foreigners do it.  There's an entire industry built around it.  Most of them get away with it- so far.  But who knows what's going to change in the next few years.   Lots of foreigners used to live in Thailand for decades on monthly visa runs, too.  There were entire industries built around monthly visa runs, too.  Today, not so much.

Edit:  That's why I suggested he PAY for legal advice as opposed to taking legal advice from someone whose agenda is to sell property to a foreigner.

Edited by impulse

Just a word of caution, dont use Kasikorn Thai bank.

My wife was in that bank last week, she overheard

a farang arguing that he transferred 3m from abroad

and there was only 2m in the account. there are more

cases reported on facebook, I cannot confirm that as

I dont do facebook. I can however confirm that I have

noticed a shortfall on my smaller transfer.

15 hours ago, lkn said:

I would recommend you open your own bank account because if you ever want to take out money from Thailand, you’ll have proper proof that you transferred $30,000 into the country, which you wouldn’t have, if you transfer directly to your wife’s account.

I think that the limit has been raised to amounts equivalent to $50,000 for both in and out – it used to be $20,000 before – so not really an issue here. 
Someone please correct me, if I'm wrong...:smile:

12 hours ago, onera1961 said:

You can use Transferwise (dot com) to transfer to her Bangkok bank account directly. Fund will reach next day. You can use your credit card but your credit card company will charge it as cash advance and slap you with a cash advance fee and interest from day one (no grace period for cash advance). If you you use a debit card, you don't have to pay any cash advance fee or interest.

I used "Transferwise" last year before I came to Thailand, to transfer money from my U.S. bank account directly into my Thai wife's Bangkok Bank personal account. Because of transfer limits, I had to do it in three separate transactions, but it was incredibly easy, smooth and relatively quick. I was very happy with their service and the simplicity of using it. 

On 4/18/2018 at 4:10 PM, Peterw42 said:

Transferring the money directly into wife's account would be the easiest, no need to open an account etc.

Not sure how you envisage paying by credit card, people selling houses or real estate agents dont take credit cards. Even if you found a person that accepts credit cards (via a business maybe) they would certainly add the 2-3% fees to the amount you pay.

OP, so the House will be in her Name, and you in reality are just giving her a Million Baht +, no wonder these Thai Women hunt in packs looking for gullible Falangs.  :biggrin:

On 4/19/2018 at 6:35 AM, impulse said:

You realize, of course, that it's not just for simplicity?  That's the only way allowed by law.  Unless she buys the land and you buy the structure. 

BTW, I'd suggest paying for legal advice to make sure your method of getting the money to your wife isn't going to cause problems in the future, with her appearing to be your illegal proxy.  Keep in mind that things change, and just because something works today, doesn't mean it won't bite you in the ass in a few years' time.

No need to make simple things complicated - by renting the plot and owning the house there will be no hassle, hussle nor strugle...:coffee1:

This may be the future best seller farang homes - if things doesnt work out how it should just pack YOUR home in minutes and go whenever/wherever YOU  want and then unpack YOUR home in minutes on a new location with new possibilities for YOU...:smile:

Edited by ttrd

25 minutes ago, ttrd said:

No need to make simple things complicated by rent the plot and own the house...

This may be the future best seller farang homes - if things doesnt work out how it should just pack YOUR home in minutes and go whenever/wherever YOU  want and then unpack YOUR home in minutes on a new location with new possibilities for YOU...

Those are intriguing, but I like the "no land needed at all" option.

KBuri Raft2.jpg

Edit:  Especially when you factor in the cost of packing up the modular home, renting a crane to load it, trucking it to a new location and renting a crane to lay it back down at the new location, hooking up utilities, drilling the well, etc.  With Thai construction costs being so low, it's probably cheaper to build a new one...

Edited by impulse

11 minutes ago, impulse said:

Those are intriguing, but I like the "no land needed at all" option.

KBuri Raft2.jpg

Nice as well, but this one have other limitations. The container std concept make it easy for transportation world wide and apart from be placed on the water you can place it everywhere else...

Here you have another one more simplified and I assume more affordable as it is from China

Edited by ttrd

3 minutes ago, ttrd said:

Nice as well, but this one have other limitations. The container std concept make it easy for transportation world wide and apart from be placed on the water you can place it everywhere else...

That sounds great, but I dare you to try to get an international shipping company to handle a customer owned container.

13 minutes ago, impulse said:

That sounds great, but I dare you to try to get an international shipping company to handle a customer owned container.

Its not any issue at all - the producers of those homes ship it WW so what will be the difference if you want to ship the same container to another destination after you received it?

Here is the link to their website - price starting from 15.900usd or 500k/thb:

https://konbuild.com/

Edited by ttrd