Good Reggae Bars

bbi1

Good question! 

Unfortunately one which I can't answer myself though. Blues and jazz the city has it covered but reggae I've never heard of anything decent but surely there must be something out there... 

Awaiting others replies...

Check the Saxophone Club website...  http://www.saxophonepub.com

Tbone a very good Reggae band indeed play midnight every friday, but be warned phone before you go as they cancel without notice, free entry get in before 8.30 and have dinner there as it fills up fast then its tables far end of the room or standing room only other wise upstairs depending where limited to no view.

5 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Go to any of the local factories that has machinery working, stand at the door, and listen to the repetition of these machines.:cheesy:

What's with the saddo? Maybe you should listen to some real music.:violin::guitar:   :cowboy:   :clap2:

1 hour ago, Hooplehead said:

Come on people, he's obviously asking where he can get weed. As far as reggae bars, every single island in Thailand has a "reggae bar." In BKK, probably not.

Or maybe like many of us he likes Reggae music.   

I'd like to also know of any good Reggae (or Ska) places in Bkk - particularly those with live music.

I only know of the following (which does incl. Khaosan I'm afraid but they have in the past had some good live music):

- Happy Bar

- Brick Bar (used to but haven't been there in a long time)

- Saxaphone on selected nights as previous poster said.

- There's another place on Rambuttri (don't know name) but no live music to my knowledge.

- I've heard that Black Cabin bar once did reggae but don't know for sure.

- There is also a meetup group for people interested in reggae music but not sure how active it is.

Comparatively Chiang Mai has a number of v good places (with very good live music) so would imagine there must be more places in a city the size of Bkk. Would be interesting to hear if anyone knows of more. 

4 hours ago, Jack james said:

It seems on these threads some people respond only to have some negative comment, not to answer the question. Then get into a insult contest with others. Is this a British thing? Just a bunch of nasty a holes!

Also people who don't know anything about a topic reply with stupid comments.   

I posted a link to a great place in Bangkok that does a Reggae event every Sunday  - https://www.facebook.com/events/361058837741724/