What information do I need to get my passport translated

I am getting added to my sister-in-law's tabien baan (to get Thai DL) and I need to get my passport translated into Thai first. I know the place to go, but what do I need to bring with me other than my passport and how I want my name to be spelled in Thai? Does anyone have experience with this?

I think you will be getting a yellow tambien ban. Your name cannot be put a blue tambien ban.

I suggest you have the translator use the same translation of your name that is on your marriage certificate. The translator will only need your passport and your marriage certificate if you do it that way.

3 minutes ago, emosborn said:

I am not married. It is the tabian baan for my brother's wife. I live with them.

It will then be up to the translator to do it correctly unless you have had your name translated before.

It will then be up to the translator to do it correctly unless you have had your name translated before.

My sister in law will tell them how to write it. I guess my question is if I need to bring anything else to the translator's office. 

As others have said, you cant go in the blue book. Does that mean your brother already has a yellow book and you are being added to it ?

As for the translation, check with the ampher as they usually require an MFA certified translation (done in BKK) not just a local translation.

You or your sister inlaw dont decide how to write your name, the translator does

5 minutes ago, emosborn said:

I guess my question is if I need to bring anything else to the translator's office. 

Perhaps your parents names so they can be translated as well. You will need that for the yellow book application.