Compost and climate change

I read the full document, watched the video and am making a firm stand on this:

I'm staying on the fence :smile:

None of us will ever know for sure if humans have contributed to global warming or cooling, but as farmers, it seems to make so much more sense to take good care of your soil rather than getting sucked into that never ending cycle of spraying chemicals.

• Like 1

The basics are simple. Matter is neither created nor destroyed, it is simply transformed. To maintain a "healthy" soil depends on sufficient resources to sustain the environment in balance. Chemical agriculture and mechanised farming practices are an easy way to move that balance point but not always sustainably in my opinion. There can be such a thing as too much of a good thing. 

I think we need to learn (or even relearn) how to gauge what is needed and when in our own micro environments. The big challenge for farmers is to avoid our modern passion for debt. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have worked with NutriTech closely here in Oz, some very interesting work on prescription blending composts. Their product range is extensive and reasonably priced. Good company with excellent soil and plant testing tie ups and agronomy services to back it up. Would be great to see them or similar offerings in Thailand, the obvious issue is cost and affordability in the local market.