Bed and breafast in Chinag Mai

jonnn

A divorced lady from Swedish gentleman in Chiang Mai is running a homestay business which I found on free dating site. I was lurking the site to kill my boredom and I have absolutely no desire to marry or find a girl friend. But I decided to stay for couple of months on coming summer and made sure with her that it is not my adventure for sensual escapade. I just stay away from the searing heat of desert and have an opportunity to travel exotic country. 

It is 1,500 Thai Baht a day including breakfast. It sounds reasonable and I agreed to it but I found that most of rooms through Airbnb are much lower than her place. I couldn't even locate her place on Google map and her place is not found in any booking websites. When I asked some discount because I stay long period and there are lot more better place available through Airbnb, she vehemently defended her price telling me all those pictures of Airbnb are very deceiving. She succeeded to persuade me to stay at her place eventually. I presume it is because she is very good looking and close to my age. I've been widowed over two years since my wife of 36 years died.

But having been through almost every post in this forum, I begin to feel very uneasy in general including staying at her place. I am concerned whether I am extremely overcharged for staying at her place and sucked into sink hole by a good looking seductive Thai lady, becoming an ATM. Sex is not my interest because my device is out of order and I am very allergic to the aid-pill. I rather live without it. Just being lonely is tough to deal with. And I never drink any alcoholic beverage or pop. 

I may sound silly but I will appreciate any advice and input. I will not be offended by any word you throw on me. Please say anything.

For your reference her place is 8 Km from the inner city. 

Not sure what's the real issue here. If you feel uneasy about staying there, plenty of cheaper alternatives are available. Or you could just stay there for a few days and decide if you wish to continue or move elsewhere. It seems your issue isn't necessarily the cost or the location.

You have been ripped off nicely,  or not taking advantage of something included in the price?

If you don't need the inclusions, you can stay at many 4 star hotels in Chiang Mai for less than 1,000 Baht a night including a full buffet breakfast,

Be sure to do homework next time...........