Moving Towards Work Permit To Dodge The 400,000 Rule.

5 hours ago, Brewster67 said:

Obviously words spoken by someone who has it.... many don't have it and so it is a lot.... TO THEM

The poverty line for one person in us is $ 12,060 per year. Obviously they struggle in Thailand
For a decent standard of living, you need a pension of £ 18,963 per annum in the UK and in Us, you need $ 40,000 a year
for one person and then you will still live in a tent
For a decent standard of living in Thailand 100000 ฿ per month for one person.
so the requirement 400000 ฿ per year is not much money

4 hours ago, Bangkokazy said:

The poverty line for one person in us is $ 12,060 per year. Obviously they struggle in Thailand
For a decent standard of living, you need a pension of £ 18,963 per annum in the UK and in Us, you need $ 40,000 a year
for one person and then you will still live in a tent
For a decent standard of living in Thailand 100000 ฿ per month for one person.
so the requirement 400000 ฿ per year is not much money

I don't need anything near 100K to have a decent standard of living here in Thailand, and I have a decent standard of living... Nice house, new car and can go out any time I want.

I think the vast majority of expats reading that will laugh.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Brewster67 said:

I don't need anything near 100K to have a decent standard of living here in Thailand, and I have a decent standard of living... Nice house, new car and can go out any time I want.

I still believe that it is necessary to have a steady income of at least $3,000 to $3,500 per month for a bare minimum.

Have two-bedroom condo in the heart of Bangkok or in one of the many beach areas.

Edited by Bangkokazy

19 hours ago, Brewster67 said:

Had this argument many times - you'll never win mate.  I agree with you though, I'm not living in Thailand full time yet but I have done and will be doing again next year. Its all relative, depends on your living costs and how much you want to spend on entertainment.  I am fortunate that I don't have any housing costs as I already *'own'* my house.  I don't have a new car and I don't spend every night drinking in bars.  Being single I don't have the huge expense brought about by maintaining a female but I don't live the life of a monk either :smile:. I find it quite easy to get by on less than 50k per month but at some point I would have to factor in at least one trip back to the UK each year.