Six steps to get a company work visa

I am coming back to Los in July to start the ball rolling for a work permit and would like advice if the following is a good way of doing things:

1) Open an account with the Bangkok Bank on arrival with a £1000 deposit (think that amount might be looked upon favorably) hence still on a tourist visa.

2) Meet with various Lawyers to discuss costs and proceedures ( pick the most co-operative one) and check out the local market for business's for sale ect.

3) Back home in the Uk apply for a non-immigrant B at Hull consulate with multiple entries, should be a safe bet.

4) Transfer 2 million baht into the Bangkok bank I opened and get a Taw Taw 3 from the bank confirming outside funds.

5) Get the Lawyer to issue a Company letter stating employment within the Company I have bought and go to Cambodia(or some where) and apply for the work permit.

6) Start the business upon my arrival back in Los.

Any help on this or the downfalls or the whih is the best sequence would really help.

Sev :cool:

Sev,

Your sequence is in basic terms is good. However you're missing "doing your due diligence "and "forming the company" to acquire the assets and goodwill after step 2.

No Need on Step 5 to go to another country to apply for the work permit. You're able to do that in Thailand.

In order to avoid step 3 and going back to the Uk. Our lawyer recommends you can apply in the UK for the non-immigrate visa several weeks before you arrive to start step 1.