I need proof of address for Thailand paypal account

sunfruitdan

Hi, i setup a thai paypal account a long time ago and now they want id verification which i have given but also proof of address but i do not have anything with a proof of address on? Can i get one from the people i rent from or is it possible to get one from my bangkok bank but in english not thai?

21 minutes ago, seajae said:

drivers licence, house book, rental agreement all have your address in them

House book is in Thai script. No way.

And drivers license as well as a private rental agreement sound unlikely.

I had a similar problem wanting to set up accounts at transferwise and xendpay.

Misc. rejections until final rescue: a letter from my German bank to my Thai address which actually arrives here.

(unfortunately I had setup a CC address in Germany for most postal stuff)

transferwise was successful with that.

For xendpay I already had given up and failed.

So as written above: a letter from your Thai bank in English (roman script) should be good.

• Like 1

I used one of my credit card statements from KBank - which is printed in English and comes to my Bangkok residence. PayPal accepted that - but it had to be (as i recall now) under 60 days old and had to show that it moved by Thai post and no hand delivered or private/express couriered to my address (ie they wanted to see some kind of postal mark on the postage due area)

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

I used a utility bill, and paid a language school for a certified translation, which has worked fine on many occasions.  I guess with something like a driving license you could get them to copy it and write something to the effect that the above address reads as xyz in English.

Eventually I managed to get my AIS bill changed into English which comes as a PDF every month as well as the standard Thai paper one by post.  It took a lot of frustration though for such a simple job.

18 minutes ago, Jdietz said:

If you do 90 day reports, immigration will happily print out a Proof of Residence and mail it to your house.

That's in Thai so not accepted by Paypal, same as drivers license, house book, utility bill and so on

Edited by jackdd

6 hours ago, jackdd said:

You can get a bank statement from your Thai bank in english, will cost you something like 200THB, maybe Paypal accepts it.

I don't know why people bother with these incompetent <deleted>, I get by fine without them.

Just now, possum1931 said:

I don't know why people bother with these incompetent <deleted>, I get by fine without them.

It's not only Paypal which requires ID + address confirmation, other payment providers do exactly the same, probably required by law in the US.

I got mine with a photo copy of my Thai drivers licence, it shows your full name, passport number, DOB and your address all in english as well as your pic. also states Kingdom of Thailand, Driving Licence in english across the top, do you people actually have one if you dont realize its in english, I also sent a passport copy, I have had my thai paypal account now for several years and I got it on these 2 forms of ID

Edited by seajae
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

House book is in Thai script. No way.

And drivers license as well as a private rental agreement sound unlikely.

I had a similar problem wanting to set up accounts at transferwise and xendpay.

Misc. rejections until final rescue: a letter from my German bank to my Thai address which actually arrives here.

(unfortunately I had setup a CC address in Germany for most postal stuff)

transferwise was successful with that.

For xendpay I already had given up and failed.

So as written above: a letter from your Thai bank in English (roman script) should be good.

Any other solution for Transferwise ? My bank won't send any document to Thailand.

4 hours ago, jackdd said:

It's not only Paypal which requires ID + address confirmation, other payment providers do exactly the same, probably required by law in the US.

Paypal never asked anything.

I took something with my address in Thai to a lawyer, and they produced a letter in English citing the other document and confirming my address. The same lawyer handles  some other stuff for me so are familiar with my address. Cost me a bit of cash but worked okay. 

Though, I have Paypal long before I came reside in Bangkok but when I changed my bank account to a Thai bank, oddly Paypal never asked for this kind of proof. Only I got this kind of request from XM online forex trading account application where a proof of address was necessary. And a bank statement was enough to clear the matter. Go to your Thai bank and request for bank statement and specify them to mail to you.