Strange experience for me at Vientiane

48 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

Probably.

I think the problem arises from some old timers here (like me) who haven't gone since over a year ago are missing out on some new methodology re queue number. We're being called out, rightfully so, by some newbs who've been recently. I'll get to see first hand in about 3 weeks as I have to go for a Non-B.

Then we can try again for at least 6 pages, or the jackpot of 8...

Now if we could get a thread running about every type of visa and extension, and every change year by year, and at every location and by every visa runner, wow...

Edited by scorecard

1 hour ago, darrendsd said:

It;s all pretty simple really,

If you go whilst there is a queue and the number being called is before your number then you will join that queue and you will receive your PP back when your number is called

If you join the queue and your number has already been called and you missed it you will wait until everyone in the queue has been processed then collect your PP unless you push in or someone let's you in the queue and the Embassy staff accept this

If you go late and there is no queue you simply present your ticket and they will give you your PP

So in effect it is both a queue number and a number that is assigned to your PP to make it easier for the Embassy staff to process quicker

Now I have explained it in simple terms I expect another 4 pages of comments calling me wrong 

I'm going for 8 pages on this thread, any advance on that? 

Oh well, since you put like that and "Now I have explained it in simple terms"  and obviously what you are looking for is to 'be right" why would anyone deny you of that?

" I expect another 4 pages of comments calling me wrong"  

No need for another 4...  darrendsd IS RIGHT !!! ^_^ 

There, how's that?  I will now yield and allow you the ultimate last word and we can all pack up and go home now... Thanks to all for coming... darrendsd is right... he wins... :laugh:

10 minutes ago, SamadhiWarrior said:

Oh well, since you put like that and "Now I have explained it in simple terms"  and obviously what you are looking for is to 'be right" why would anyone deny you of that?

" I expect another 4 pages of comments calling me wrong"  

No need for another 4...  darrendsd IS RIGHT !!! ^_^ 

There, how's that?  I will now yield and allow you the ultimate last word and we can all pack up and go home now... Thanks to all for coming... darrendsd is right... he wins... :laugh:

Cheers, now make another post proving me wrong so we can keep this thread going :laugh:

10 hours ago, bapoboy said:

They gave me a queue number, but I didn’t need to wait, told me come back tomorrow,. the two persons that sit on the table and checks that all the paperwork is done right told me that.

i expected to sit there 1 hour waiting for my number to be called up,but no don’t need to do that, come back tomorrow, they told me 3 times.

talked about with two other persons, that was in the queue, they told me the same, and I asked them why don’t I need to wait like everyone else? Their reply was, no you don’t need to, you are lucky, but I don’t know why.

You really do not understand that you have been lucky to be allowed to apply so quickly ?!

Before you used to have to go to the window now if you are applying for a Tourist Visa now you don't.

I believe for some other visas you have to go to the window.

That's what is confusing the OP.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk