Motorcycle seat re-upholstery

ecline

Hi,

I have a new Triumph Bonneville. After a couple of longish rides I am not happy with the level of comfort on the stock seat. I would like to have it re-upholstered. It seems there used to be a guy on the river road past the iron bridge who did very good work. Think his name was Narong. I saw in another thread that his shop has moved. Does anyone know where it moved to? Or can anyone recommend another shop that does top-quality work?

Thanks!

A while back I had a Phantom seat re-done and it came out excellent. I don't know the guy or shop name but it is north of the city, through Chuang Puak gate on the Mae Rim road (107), before you get to the superhighway. Small shop on the left. Good work and cheap.

I had a seat done at this place , 4 years ago , still perfect. As you cross Iron Bridge away from the city , turn right South , and head down "Big tree road". 50 meters on your left is a 7/11. Go past. Another 50 meters is Rimping. Go past. 100/120 meters on your left is a row of about 10 ? shops. His shop is one of the last. No sign outside , you have to look INSIDE each shop. If his shutter is down , there is a phone number on it. 

38 minutes ago, ktm jeff said:

I had a seat done at this place , 4 years ago , still perfect. As you cross Iron Bridge away from the city , turn right South , and head down "Big tree road". 50 meters on your left is a 7/11. Go past. Another 50 meters is Rimping. Go past. 100/120 meters on your left is a row of about 10 ? shops. His shop is one of the last. No sign outside , you have to look INSIDE each shop. If his shutter is down , there is a phone number on it. 

Thanks for the info. It sounds rather like that is shop that moved. But maybe not. I will go have a look this weekend.

UPDATE. Just noticed that he has moved.See the topic - Motorcycle seat recover , on this forum. There is also a map. He is 5 KM East of Narawat bridge , over super highway and the next intersection , and opposite 7-11 Louts express. Hope this helps .

11 hours ago, ktm jeff said:

UPDATE. Just noticed that he has moved.See the topic - Motorcycle seat recover , on this forum. There is also a map. He is 5 KM East of Narawat bridge , over super highway and the next intersection , and opposite 7-11 Louts express. Hope this helps .

Thanks for the update! I was worried he had closed down. His new location sounds like it is pretty easy to get to from where I am.

Cheer

On 4/28/2018 at 11:13 PM, ktm jeff said:

Went to see him yesterday. I will give him my bike Monday morning and pick it up Tuesday evening. Will post a pic of the finished product. Thanks again!

I look forward to your update, I've never heard of or seen a bad review of his work.

He is very knowledgeable of materials too.

I'm off back to NZ in about a months time. Should I get (buy) the bike that I'm after, then it's very likely that I will bring the seat back with me for 'alteration'.

His workmanship is very good and prices are more than fair. I'd hate to think what it would cost for the same job back in NZ.

Picked the bike up last night. I think it came out really well. K. Narong re-worked the foam and made the seat a bit wider and a bit higher. I needed the extra height since the T100 feels a bit cramped for anyone 5'10" and taller. The pillion end also has more room now. My only gripe is that the seat is a bit too firm, but that may well change as time goes on. Workmanship and materials are top-notch. Here are some pics of the seat on my bike.20180508_095603_small.jpg.ef06a53becca387ef621ce264ea6403b.jpg20180508_095632_small.thumb.jpg.4a2d44012ed1ab0d3699911e9e938b01.jpg

20180508_074829_small.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the update

Im thinking of getting my Honda Click 2016 model reworked too

As im not happy with the height and breath

Ok for small people not is Falangs

I guess he can rework mine for me too