Appeals Court reverses death sentence for iPhone robbers

webfact

Appeals Court reverses death sentence for iPhone robbers

By Thai PBS

iphone.jpg

The Appeals Court on Tuesday (April 24) reversed death sentence of two men who stole an iPhone from a university graduate and stabbed him to death on January 4 last year.

Kittikorn Wikaha and Supatchai Chandru were earlier given death sentence by the Criminal Court after they were found guilty of robbing the Srinakharinwirot University graduate Wasin Luangcham, while he was walking in front of a 7-Eleven convenience store on Soi Sukonthasawat 27 in Lat Phrao area.

They snatched from him an iPhone 6 worth 26,000 baht and stabbed him before escaping in a motorcycle. Wasin died later at hospital from serious stab wounds.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/appeals-court-reverses-death-sentence-iphone-robbers/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-04-25

1 hour ago, CelticBhoy said:

I remember the video clip that went with this.

Evil, pure evil. 

We can now look forward to seeing them soon when they receive a pardon after a few years.

I think we have seen this type of procedure before.

There was a public outcry over the attack and killing of the student. The public wanted justice.

They got it in a quick trial resulting in the death sentence, thus pleasing the general public.

Some time later most people have forgotten the case. Ok Let's reduce death penalty to jail term.

After one, maybe two years of "good behaviour" they are quietly released.

In my next life i would like to be born as a prosecutor, judge and executioner thus have all the powers to clean up some of human garbage that are a blight and a burden on society with the right punishments.....

Eroding life value , continues, if the west gives life you do 15-20 years before parole, 

courses to redeem ones self and skills learnt that can be taken to become a better person and fit in to society on release, 

what is available to these two now the possibility  and  probability of release has been given,

what I find galling is what would khun Wasin could have done with his life as a productive educated man,  just at the start of the many roads open to him, we will never know 

and the imbalance for me will always remain when murder is committed, and release is a possibility in the future.

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

The death penalty is rarely carried out in Thailand. The last time was 2009 when two drug traffickers were executed.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

And even that was rumoured to test the new lethal injection equipment!  They really ought to scrap the death penalty as it has no meaning.  In one more year (10 years without an execution), Thailand will be recognised as a 'no death penalty' nation.

6 hours ago, Justfine said:

Why keep them in jail? Death sentence for all murderers.

You will now be in the position to here from all the stupid "pacifist" I say <deleted> em !

2 hours ago, HHTel said:

And even that was rumoured to test the new lethal injection equipment!  They really ought to scrap the death penalty as it has no meaning.  In one more year (10 years without an execution), Thailand will be recognised as a 'no death penalty' nation.

" Oh look moma ,its a Pacifist".

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

In my next life i would like to be born as a thus have all the powers to clean up some of human garbage that are a blight and a burden on society with the right punishments.....

Beware ... Sorry , but I doubt you being a prosecutor, judge and executioner , is an idea that pleases to a lot of people ...

Archived