Thai millionairess hands out more than two million baht to the local needy to mark business success

snoop1130

Thai millionairess hands out more than two million baht to the local needy to mark business success

1524736614730.jpg

The president of the Dork Bua Khoo Company in Nakorn Sri Thammarat in Thailand's south has handed out more than 2 million baht in donations to needy people.

Sunantha Leelertphon and her family made merit by returning some of the company profits to the elderly, handicapped and children residing in Pak Panang district.

Food and drink was also given out in the ceremony to say thanks for the company's success. 

Some 7,000 people were there to receive the handouts. 

Source: http://www.one31.net/news/detail/1745

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-04-27

Wow. 

What a lovely woman.

She of course did without any photographers, attention or postings on social media.

Wonder what she'll be like if the 'brakes fail' with no one around or someone parks in 'her' VIP parking space. 

Sure I'm cynical. Thanks. 

I see guys doing this all the time in bars in Bangkok.  Handing out cash to the needy Thai girls.

All joking aside though, I included a provision in my business plan for the company to make regular donations to underprivileged kids, orphanages and schools.  Ultimately I would like to start a scholarship fund for Thai kids.

14 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

I am cynical too.  Hope it is just exactly what it looks like.  I may of been in LoS too long.

Does it matter if it's used as a Marketing opportunity?    

People are still benefiting financially.   She's still doing something good.   So why shouldn't her company benefit from the publicity?

3 minutes ago, seancbk said:

Does it matter if it's used as a Marketing opportunity?    

People are still benefiting financially.   She's still doing something good.   So why shouldn't her company benefit from the publicity?

The family do so, and not only once very often helping the poor and needy

Of course it’s good to see a philanthropic gesture. 

There are are families in the Kingdom who are VASTLY wealthy. 

Do we see families pledging to donate much of their wealth to helping the poor , educate, eradicate disease or perhaps give the chance of all citizens to be able to achieve social mobility- NO 

The Chinese concept - you should always hand down MORE wealth to your family and children- screw the workers who slave to give you that wealth.

Local groups here in Pattaya managed to raise over 10 million to fund a hospice - just ordinary people raising money.

Sometimes I hate ( not an easy word to use ) the society here led by the Sino / Thai hierarchy.

Await your replies 

A great gesture, at least these poor and needy people actually

received the money,if left to the Government they would get

very little as it would be stolen by the people tasked with giving

it out.

It would be great if more very wealthy Thais ,could give something

back to those that have very little,a small amount would make a

difference,when you have next to nothing.

regards worgeordie

16 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

I wonder how much the cynics above have ever handed out in their life.................Oh and i said handed out, not taken hand outs

I for one.  Not looking for issues but can certainly back up my stupidity.

On 28/04/2018 at 2:41 PM, toofarnorth said:

I am cynical too.  Hope it is just exactly what it looks like.  I may of been in LoS too long.

Her and her husband have been doing this annually for about 20 years. They also own the Twin Lotus Hotel.

Archived