Son caught with cannabis on the islands

9 hours ago, Time Traveller said:

Strange the OP is mentioning they were worried about him being charged for overstay, when he was blacklisted for life !

Did the (OP's) son not know the standard Thai penalties for these crimes? Just curious, was this really an open and shut case against him, or was there doubt the drugs belonged to him? 

Because it doesn't make sense (for the proscution or defendent) to be concerned something inconsequential, if he was obviously guilty of more serious crime that results in a lifetime ban. 

If you knew anything, you would also know that most people are not deported and banned for weed !

It's the first time that I read this and I guess it almost never happens.

6 hours ago, Chivas said:

lol my children were bought up to understand drugs were strictly taboo off limits and expect no support from me should the shight hit the fan

All 5 have no record or history of drugs. Alcohol for your information whilst quite capable of causing mayhem is not an illegal substance. Drugs simply are and anyone who supports the convicted lad clearly has a history themselves.

I would have given him a maximum stretch on top of the fine plus the lifetime banning. He got off lightly

Yes, at least when talking about drug, I know what I am talking about, unlike you.

History or not, only idiots do not support someone caught with HERBS.

• Like 1