Inflatable PVC boat repair s - where to go in BKK

cliveshep

We brought a Chinese 8-man inflatable boat with us, it's pvc fabric. It is quite a big boat and traveled on a trailer before. It takes a 30hp engine so is pretty quick.

That is in the UK it was quick - here it has been in store for 2 1/2 years and we decided to pump it up, photograph it on it's trailer with  engine attached, and sell it as we are unlikely now to ever use it.

Laying it out and blowing it up with the compressor is fine and it inflates well without leaks. BUT all the glued fittings, rubbing strips and, most importantly, the transom, fell off!

The glue that was used is a polyurethane 2-part glue and it is sold quite expensively everywhere except it seems Thailand. I need to buy about a half litre of this 2-part glue plus Hypalon primer according to Polymarine in the UK. It needs about 3 coats after cleaning and priming and is a contact adhesive in use.

I'm quite prepared to knuckle down and repair it IF I can get the proper glue or failing that get a Thai inflatable repair company to re-do it for me but it is worth only about £300 now (13000 baht ish).

Can ANYONE please tell me where I can get the glue in and around Bangkok (we live North East of BKK) or know of a repairer? Thanks.

Hi,

I have no idea about a solution to your problem.  I fly into Bangkok for this first time in a week and a half.  I just had to say that I respect and love the quote that you have on your signature.  Good luck friend!  I will keep my eyes open, and am learning the language so when I am mingling and hear of someone in adhesives, I will definitely check.

JR Cook