Strange Bite or Rash

FairwayJack

1 hour ago, BEVUP said:

Possible ring worm 

Yup, classic ringworm, time to see the quack.

M2700152-Close-up_of_ringworm_infe.2e16d

By the way, this is something you CAN catch from a toilet seat (probably not on the elbow mind).

• Haha 2

I had good results treating a similar ringworm infection on my foot with "QUADRIDERM", an OTC ointment containing  anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory ingredients.

Available at most Thai pharmacys, about B300

• Like 1

I also vote ringworm and would try treating for that first, dermatologist if it doesn't work.

Tolnaftate cream (EZON-T and other brands)  or clotrimazole (countless brands) cream  twice a day for 2-4 weeks. Keep applying at least a week after it disappears.

Of there is intolerable itching can use a preparation that combined tolnaftate or clotrimazole with a steroid. But it not better to use it without the steroid as it will heal more quickly.

When I saw that I immediately thought of the classic circular formations sometimes seen in lawn grass, which is a mycelium pattern, so I'm tending to agree with others that it is ringworm (which is not actually a worm btw).

I am not convinced that is ringworm. If it is i would personally use oral anti fungals as it can be very difficult to clear it up. I believe you will need a doctor to take a scraping and analyze to confirm for sure if it is ringworm.

OP would be far better off it was a common STD than ringworm. Ringworm is not funny i have been fighting it for 1 year and there are many similar reports on the difficulty in getting rid of it on the Net. I found the ceams ineffective and even the anit fungal capsules slow to react. Ringworm also seems to want to fightback even when you think it has gone. Fluconazole is available in many pharmacy in Thailand but seemingly only in the 150mg form which is a one per week tablet.  Genreric versions (eg biazole are available) Terbinafine tablets do not appear to be reliably available in Thailand.

Edited by Gruff

9 minutes ago, Gruff said:

OP would be far better off it was a common STD than ringworm. Ringworm is not funny i have been fighting it for 1 year and there are many similar reports on the difficulty in getting rid of it on the Net. I found the ceams ineffective and even the anit fungal capsules slow to react. Ringworm also seems to want to fightback even when you think it has gone. Fluconazole is available in many pharmacy in Thailand but seemingly only in the 150mg form which is a one per week tablet.  Genreric versions (eg biazole are available) Terbinafine does not appear to be reliably available in Thailand.

This is actually very true.

In my case 2 years ago I had ringworm on my stomach.

Used all the creams and took several months to go away.

There is still a faint scare there.

Not fun stuff.

To my shame i have never had the scars tested to 100% confrm ringworm but it started on the face and chemists would take one look at me and say ringworm. In hindsiight it would have been worth getting it tested early as it may have been beneficial in prescribing the most effective anti fungal.

Have the identical mark on my upper thigh for about 5months now ,it has faded from red to a very

light light reddish tinge, felt something bite me one day and slapped my hand on the spot but found nothing

when l took off my trousers, l thought that a bit strange that l hadnt killed a bitey but

anyway , l noticed the identical mirror image mark exactly the same as yours the next day

We kept an eye on it and put some cream on it for a while and then forgot about it ,when l touch it iwith my finger it stings a little from the salt, but yeah l still keep an eye on it

I have suffered from athletes foot,  the fungal infection of Tinea Pedis, ever since I was a kid and so I've have to be careful and know the signs of other related infection. In my opinion,like others here, I think the OP picture is Ringworm, Tinea Corporis. In Thai this กลาก/Klaak. As others have mentioned there are various creams available. However, if the ringworm persists or returns are treatment with creams then potassium permanganate (KMnO4 )crystals can be bought over the counter at most drug stores. Below is a picture of my own purchase. In basic terms PP has a disinfective reaction. For me I have to soak my feet in a hot solution but for the OP perhaps 'painted' on the infection or other method. It is effective and only a couple of crystals in small amount warm water is required (I suggest seeking advice on his). The down side is that it will disolour surrounding skin (to brown) which remains for some days. I hope this helps. So in self treatment, use rubber gloves.;

10 gram PP, Daang Thub Thim;

PP.jpg

2 hours ago, Gruff said:

OP would be far better off it was a common STD than ringworm. Ringworm is not funny i have been fighting it for 1 year and there are many similar reports on the difficulty in getting rid of it on the Net. I found the ceams ineffective and even the anit fungal capsules slow to react. Ringworm also seems to want to fightback even when you think it has gone. Fluconazole is available in many pharmacy in Thailand but seemingly only in the 150mg form which is a one per week tablet.  Genreric versions (eg biazole are available) Terbinafine tablets do not appear to be reliably available in Thailand.

Fluconazole is available in 50 and 100ng doses (Fascino for example) and is a very good antifungal treatment, perhaps followed by some antifungal cream, such as Quadriderm 

On 4/29/2018 at 7:07 PM, Crossy said:

Yup, classic ringworm, time to see the quack.

M2700152-Close-up_of_ringworm_infe.2e16d

By the way, this is something you CAN catch from a toilet seat (probably not on the elbow mind).

This remind me of my encounter with UFO after they had coffee with me in their vehicle I was unceremoniously dump by the road side with a mark like that on my tummy. The coffee was good though. They probably find me useless so they just dump me.(unceremoniously)

On 4/29/2018 at 6:07 PM, Crossy said:

you CAN catch from a toilet seat (probably not on the elbow mind).

LOL, unless of course he avoids sitting directly on the seat and was in an inverted yoga elbow stand position.

14 hours ago, Pdavies99 said:

Fluconazole is available in 50 and 100ng doses (Fascino for example) and is a very good antifungal treatment, perhaps followed by some antifungal cream, such as Quadriderm 

Yes it certainly is all of the generics advertise it in 50 100 and 150. The only problem is that i have yet to find a chemst in Thailand who has any stock of anything other than 150mg.

On 4/29/2018 at 11:55 AM, BEVUP said:

Do you have pets ( if so may need to treat them )

What take them on a day out. somewhere?...Maybe the Circus or the Zoo?

And buy them some some snacks!:smile:

Seriously though it deffo looks like Ringworm....I use Phoebus antifungal/antibacterial/anti inflammatory cream and it works a treat.

It is important to treat your pets if you have any as they are mostly where you got it from so you need to see the vet to get the right shampoo and medications and follow the instructions carefully.

It is highly contagious and you can also catch it from and give it to other people so be careful who and what you let into your bed and change the sheets daily.

Also make sure you thoroughly wash your hands with antiseptic soap after stroking a pussy!

Edited by Mario666
  • Like 1