Import Engine

Anyone imported an engine,if so then can tell me import duty and paperwork etc involved....and how much you paid for shipping from wherever you bought it.....i want import an American engine V8 short block or long block specific to my car so i cant get one here in Thailand as must be exact same to work with my ecu/computer etc.

I have personally imported 2 engines over the past 10 years, 1 x MGA 1.5 Ltr from the UK and 1 x Mustang 5.0 from the USA. I had no problems at all although both were used / fully rebuilt engines, as opposed to new engines. 

As I recall, the import duty was pretty low (don’t recall the exact number) and shipping was pretty cheap on a consolidated container shipping basis, Both shipments cleared without any hassles within a few days when landed at Lam Chabang. 

The best advice I have is to have all the paperwork in order (sales receipt, etc) and not to BS with a ridiculous low price for the engine. The guy who actually got all this stuff in has since travelled on but right now I know someone (farang) who does this all the time and is trustworthy. PM me and I’ll give you the contact details. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/1/2018 at 5:37 PM, teevee said:

I have personally imported 2 engines over the past 10 years, 1 x MGA 1.5 Ltr from the UK and 1 x Mustang 5.0 from the USA. I had no problems at all although both were used / fully rebuilt engines, as opposed to new engines. 

As I recall, the import duty was pretty low (don’t recall the exact number) and shipping was pretty cheap on a consolidated container shipping basis, Both shipments cleared without any hassles within a few days when landed at Lam Chabang. 

The best advice I have is to have all the paperwork in order (sales receipt, etc) and not to BS with a ridiculous low price for the engine. The guy who actually got all this stuff in has since travelled on but right now I know someone (farang) who does this all the time and is trustworthy. PM me and I’ll give you the contact details. 

Thanks for the info

please advise and would you share me the contact person who capable to arrange shipment from Thailand to Indonesia??

Archived