Standard soda water in Thailand -- is it seltzer or club soda?

Jingthing

On 5/2/2018 at 8:37 AM, wgdanson said:

On planes, you get a plastic cup of water which says PURE BOTTLED WATER. 1. It ain't bottled and 2. If you read the 'ingredients' there are minerals and stuff in it so not PURE. Why not just say WATER.

"minerals and stuff".... which is a GOOD thing. Every water contains minerals naturally and drinking only drinking water without any minerals is extremely unhealthy. When I was young I was told it will lead to death... which can't be quite true as I see it being sold for drinking in Asia? Back home we only use it for car batteries.

On 5/2/2018 at 8:37 AM, wgdanson said:

On planes, you get a plastic cup of water which says PURE BOTTLED WATER. 1. It ain't bottled and 2. If you read the 'ingredients' there are minerals and stuff in it so not PURE. Why not just say WATER.

"minerals and stuff".... which is a GOOD thing. Every water contains minerals naturally and drinking only drinking water without any minerals is extremely unhealthy. When I was young I was told it will lead to death... which can't be quite true as I see it being sold for drinking in Asia? Back home we only use it for car batteries.

12 minutes ago, wump said:

demineralized water is good for steam irons, car batteries and utility boilers but not good fer human consumption...in the processes that the foregoing are used for the minerals precipitate on surfaces and cause problems later...

the seawater desalination process includes a re - mineralization step to render the product water suitable for drinking...the main process in thermal systems condenses vapor from seawater/brine which produces untreated demineralized water...

untreated demineralized water can be highly corrosive, btw...non ferrous materials are required for the associated piping systems...

• Like 1

On 5/1/2018 at 5:53 PM, wump said:

In Germany we don't have any brands with bicarbonate. In Australia, they use bicarbonate on all sodas. Why not go to Tops and get a (Singaporian?) Schweppes soda water in the black can? I'm pretty sure you will be able to taste a difference, especially if you let it go flat.

Why not get some soda bic from Tesco/Big C. and add to your taste.

Seltzer mania on the cusp!

But probably not in Thailand.

https://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/2018/05/08/spindrift-seltzer-bill-creelman/

"The Plot to Destroy Your Favorite Seltzer

Spindrift founder Bill Creelman wants to upend the seltzer industry and do for carbonated water what Sam Adams did for beer."

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

somewhere in Thailand: 

Somchai: 'a splash of seltzer with yer whiskey?...'

Somkid: 'I'd prefer soda if ye got it...'

soda and seltzer are confused and then there is a misunderstanding and violence ensues...and then there is another tragedy due to 'loss of face'...

and then a clown appears with a seltzer bottle grinning evilly...

• Haha 2