Video: Iron girders propelled like javelins into car in front

webfact

19 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

The bigger metal shops usually put a lot of effort into tying lengths of metal down whenever I have picked up a load. Local shop or self loaded stuff is a different issue though. Amazingly few people know how to secure a load here. I have had to reconfigure a few.

PS, girders are main support sections of buildings and such. The objects in the photo are simply lengths of tubing.

Yep another unsafe load. How many times do you see it here, every day...

Well, his brakes worked, but was he on the phone as he had to pull up so sharply at traffic lights?

(Not girders, but not tubing or conduit either, just flat lengths.)

:unsure:

20 hours ago, keith101 said:

No matter where ive been here i don't see these things tied down very well and certainly not laid flat like these appear to be

See them often being transported around on pick-ups and give them a fair bit of clearance.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, giddyup said:

Don't know, don't care, and don't want to know

I've purchased many steel items from Home Hub in Khonkaen. They secure them with turnicuit type lashing. They have loosened when going some distance however initially they are tight.  I take my own tie downs and usually tell them I'll do it but thanks.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, The Teacher said:

The same old story now in most car incidents, most Thai drivers have a complete lack of knowledge and respect when it comes to road rules or consideration for other road users :post-4641-1156693976::post-4641-1156693976:

Possibly the complete inability to do some form of risk assessment-on any activity that you might choose to contemplate-ties into this but utter mental laziness covers the spectrum as well.

• Like 2