Why do Expats Troll each other in Thailand?

webfact

6 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

No one really gives a toss about from where you hail or where you live.

I agree........ so why were you asking?

You do seem to be satisfying the headline of this thread.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, watcharacters said:

I asked you what is your home country but clearly you either are ashamed about it or claim privacy issues.

I don't care which.   I only see you decline to answer a simply non privacy question.

Bye..

He's/She's from UK!

4 hours ago, webfact said:

A Divided World – There has never been so much disharmony

In the UK, there is a split camp on Brexit and I am quite sure from speaking to friends, a feeling of uncertainty. The debate on Muslims is just not that clear cut and the likes of Tommy Robinson and the UKIP party are probably entitled to a voice now.

Tommy Robinson is entitled to a painful existence in hell and little else.

His views are nothing but extremist hate.

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Tommy Robinson is entitled to a painful existence in hell and little else.

His views are nothing but extremist hate.

Didn't the Romans come up with the term  decimate to accomplish a not so nice process with the  legion troops?

1 minute ago, watcharacters said:

Didn't the Romans come up with the term  decimate to accomplish a not so nice process with the  legion troops?

I know the history of the term and will happily discuss via PM but here it neither relates to the topic or my post.

8 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I know the history of the term and will happily discuss via PM but here it neither relates to the topic or my post.

Your choice.   I  as well don't know  anything about a Tommy Robinson that would in any way relate to this thread.     

Cheers.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

Your choice.   I  as well don't know  anything about a Tommy Robinson that would in any way relate to this thread.     

Cheers.

Hmm, let's see...well for a start I quoted a comment from the OP on him...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jip99 said:

Strange how I don’t feel suppressed, or that my human rights are infringed.

Not strange at all, the privileged rarely feel suppressed by the system that enhances their privilege.

You benefit from the suppression (political,economic,educational).

It acts as a multiplier upon your Western wealth and makes your life in Thailand comfortable, cheap and easy.

In effect you are part of that suppressive system because you benefit from it and take no action against it.

The vast majority of "us" benefit from it.

A hard truth to swallow for many (including me)......but that's the way it is.

PS Most "ordinary" Thai people are also well aware of that truth.

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JLCrab said:

From the OP -- "You would have thought with the world like it is, us expats would unite and stick together in that common bond that we had somehow escaped reality; but that could not be further from the truth."

Why in blazes would I want to do that? Part of the reason I live in Thailand is to get away from the the Western type. If I want to stick together with Westerners I can go home to US. I have no common bond with expats in Thailand as participating in this website confirms for me.

Absolutely, cue Grouch Marx, "I wouldn't want to be a member of any group that would have me as a member"

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Enoon said:

Not strange at all, the privileged rarely feel suppressed by the system that enhances their privilege.

It acts as a multiplier upon your Western wealth and makes your life in Thailand comfortable, cheap and easy.

In effect you are part of that suppressive system because you benefit from it and take no action against it.

All of "us" benefit from it.

You sound like a Marxist.....and I don't mean the Marx brothers...

Just now, Enoon said:

All of "us" benefit from it.

I can can buy some of that.

But at a simpler level Thailand is a cheaper country in which to live and my Pound goes further.

So it does in Chad, but I have no intention of going there - let alone settling there. 

So there must be other reasons.....  these are many and have been enumerated on many TV threads. Put simply, I feel comfortable - financially, emotionally etc - in Thailand.

Bringing it back to politics ....... I came here when there were political parties and when there was ‘democracy ‘. My earlier point was that I feel MORE comfortable, and secure, in an environment that does not have political parties.

Had to look up Troll ( only thing I knew was a toy the kids were crazy about. Looked up Trolling ( went Trolling for Chinook down the Everglades way).

looked up internet trolling ......... if someone takes time to do this well it’s pathetic. 

4 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Because it's too easy trolling people that post stuff like this...

How does living in a country under military rule, which suppresses free speech and human rights, make you feel removed from political plight ??

Or had you not noticed that this was the case in Thailand !!

Yes the absence of Free speech and arguments to talk is the worst thing u can find in world , the military is corrupted too it looks like ramses emperor ^^' nowadays

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk

Edited by gennosuke34

1 minute ago, Tilacme said:

Tommy's view is that "European cultures are being put at risk by fake refugees who have no intention of integration and no intention of assimilation".  Who here having regard to current affairs would not agree with that statement?  The worst enemy at the moment are the leftist extremists' who see wrong in every expression of identity and pray for destruction of our culture, some even gloating from far afield.

He's a fascist consumed by hate.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, JLCrab said:

From the OP -- "You would have thought with the world like it is, us expats would unite and stick together in that common bond that we had somehow escaped reality; but that could not be further from the truth."

Why in blazes would I want to do that? Part of the reason I live in Thailand is to get away from the the Western type. If I want to stick together with Westerners I can go home to US. I have no common bond with expats in Thailand as participating in this website confirms for me.

Then why are you still here in this Website as you call it, Pray Tell ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tilacme said:

And there are leftists consumed by hate, who are more dangerous imo

Hate is not a political position and is to be despised where ever it is found.

It is found in abundance in Tommy Robinson.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, watcharacters said:

Cheers.

He used to be Married to Ann Robinson.     :biggrin:

• Haha 1

A post with comments about the royal family has been removed.

Forum Rule

1) You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any one member of the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution.
By law, the Thai Royal Family are above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.
To breach these rules may result in immediate ban.