Why do Expats Troll each other in Thailand?

webfact

2 minutes ago, Tilacme said:

Can you define hate in your ideal. Let me help you, its anyone who dares to have an opinion outside your leftist beliefs. I hate some thai food and you will despise that, but its my prerogative and that's not acceptable to you.

Hating some Thai food does not hurt anyone, so it's your opinion and you are welcome to have it.   

Hating people because they like Thai food and then harming them in any way, even verbally, is very very wrong.   

Edited by seancbk
minor grammatical correction
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, watcharacters said:

I asked you what is your home country but clearly you either are ashamed about it or claim privacy issues.

I don't care which.   I only see you decline to answer a simply non privacy question.

Bye..

Does it matter which country he is from ?  Most countries seem to be having problems at the present time.  Maybe you can name a country in Europe or America without problems.  But good luck with that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Shouldhaveknownbetter said:

Does it matter which country he is from ?  Most countries seem to be having problems at the present time.  Maybe you can name a country in Europe or America without problems.  But good luck with that.

Liechtenstein,   Luxemburg?

Yes or no?

Maybe all this trolling comes from.....

Troll on others as it will distract from the "troller's" own stupidity, misery and flaws ?

Troll on others as it will make those with a complex of inferiority, feel superiour ?

Troll on others makes the unwanted  get noticed [and feel wanted] ?

Troll on others and on those thought to be weaker or just normal nice people who won't give it back ?

Troll on others as the "troller"  has been "trolled" all through their miserable life ?

..........some humble advice....consult and get some help !

• Thanks 1

Expats in Thailand are no more likely to share common views than people in the UK. For example, in my view Brexit supporters are misguided and leaving Europe is not the solution to any problems the UK faces. No doubt some readers agree, others strongly disagree.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I comment on a number of forums, scientific, martial arts and so on. All of them have posts that are intended just to annoy or 'wind up' others. This forum I see various points of view on a variety of topics and while I disagree with some, and vice versa,  one can learn a thing or two. Some OP's bring the humour of the expat  which can lighten up the atmosphere after reading more serious OP's. I would disagree (if any one suggested it) that most here having nothing else to do and if anything like me it is far from the truth. I see no harm in expats, who have left their native country for whatever reason, to converse with one another as associates and under no obligation at all. It's free speech.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Tilacme said:

Can you define hate in your ideal. Let me help you, its anyone who dares to have an opinion outside your leftist beliefs. I hate some thai food and you will despise that, but its my prerogative and that's not acceptable to you.

No I won't, you know what I mean.

I don't need your help.

How you feel about Thai food is your business...

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Jip99 said:

Strange how I don’t feel suppressed, or that my human rights are infringed.

Frankly, with all the political sh1t going on in other countries, I quite enjoy living in a country where there are no political parties.

and that is where???

1 minute ago, Tilacme said:

Isn't it strange how the leftist bang on about "hate crime" and yet they cannot say what it means. Its because they rely on this narrative and others such as "racist"  to suppress any free thought or expression to whats going on. Well its not going to work with some of us.

It is certainly nothing to do with Thai food.

(no Thai food was harmed, or subjected to hate crime, in the writing of this post).

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tilacme said:

Isn't it strange how the leftist bang on about "hate crime" and yet they cannot say what it means. Its because they rely on this narrative and others such as "racist"  to suppress any free thought or expression as to whats going on. Well its not going to work with some of us.

Did I call anyone a racist? Did I mention a hate crime?

I know I have made clear my views on Tommy Robinson, but did I call him a racist?

If I did, then fine, but don't remember doing so...

Freedom of thought/expression is one thing, hate speech entirely another.

Oh and by the way, expressing my contempt for Tommy R is freedom of speech as you would apparently view it.

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Krataiboy said:

Can you define Robinson's "extremist, right wing agenda"? Or are you simply taking the mass media's word that he actually has one?

I have spent a lot of time researching the phenomenon Tommy Robinson and what he actually stands for. My impression of him is very different from that painted by the government-funded BBC and the mass media generally.

Robinson, (who actually parted company with the English Defence League because he felt it was too right wing) has no beef with the kind of UK Muslims you rightly applaud. He has Muslim friends and some attended his wedding.

However, he clearly regards the increasing influence of Islam, which is not just a religion but an ideology with a worldwide political agenda, as a threat to our way of life - and the same goes for those "shitty extremists" you mention who pose a danger to national security.

I suspect many Brits share his concerns - and others he espouses to those prepared to listen.

For publicly speaking out, Robinson has been pilloried by politicians and the press, physically attacked in the street, and suffered death threats to his family (which is why he changed his name). Talking heads on TV and radio routinely brand him as racist - though when challenged none has produced the evidence.

We live in an increasingly repressive society where free speech can easily be labeled hate speech and political correctness is used to silence dissenting voices (though ironically not, as Robinson points out, those of radical imams who whip up anti-West sentiment in the UK's burgeoning network of mosques and madrassas).

Robinson, locked out of his YouTube and Twitter accounts, now runs his own dedicated website where we can judge for ourselves whether, he is a loud-mouthed, racist, Islamophobic bigot or a dispenser of inconvenient truths worthy of a wider audience.

Whether by accident or design (surely not the latter),  my reference to Tommy Robinson's website fell off the end of my original posting.  It's https://tommyrobinson.online/

1 minute ago, Krataiboy said:

Whether by accident or design (surely not the latter),  my reference to Tommy Robinson's website fell off the end of my original posting.  It's https://tommyrobinson.online/

I was going to ask why there was no link.   Will check it out and see what he has to say.   

• Like 1

Have I missed something......

Is anyone suggesting that Tommy Robinson is NOT racist ?

Of course he is. I don’t see how any right wing activist cannot be.

I admit that changing from a less right wing name like Stephen Yaxley-Lennon adds to the perception.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

I admit that changing from a less right wing name like Stephen Yaxley-Lennon adds to the perception.

I don't really know anything about him.   My understanding is that he was involved with a repulsive, racist organisation but didn't agree with the direction they were taking so he left.

I'd like to see how he's changed his opinions and what he now stands for.   If he's still a proponent of racist views then I'll go back to ignoring him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, seancbk said:

I don't really know anything about him.   My understanding is that he was involved with a repulsive, racist organisation but didn't agree with the direction they were taking so he left.

I'd like to see how he's changed his opinions and what he now stands for.   If he's still a proponent of racist views then I'll go back to ignoring him.

He has has certainly attracted the worst of the right wing bigots in the past........but, as you say, a different stance may be worth a watching brief.

4 hours ago, DJ54 said:

Had to look up Troll ( only thing I knew was a toy the kids were crazy about. Looked up Trolling ( went Trolling for Chinook down the Everglades way).

looked up internet trolling ......... if someone takes time to do this well it’s pathetic. 

I find I have no idea of what trolling is either, so will do the same.

Just found out.  It seems to me that on certain subjects, many posters on TVF do that.  I find that quite after the 2nd page, I can't be bothered going any further.  Some of you sound most disagreeable people.

Edited by Gillyflower

2 hours ago, Jip99 said:

I love irony.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

Why do Expats Troll each other in Thailand?

Just read some threads on TV, where people are pissed off when another foreigner says hello to them when shopping at Big-C. 

The biggest enemy of foreigners in Thailand seem to be other foreigners

Thats because after the hello there is sometimes a total BS story about being penniless and begging for a thousand baht to help buy a ticket home. Happened to me at central world Pattaya and In BKK..pathetic farang scum!!

• Thanks 1