Thief breaks through roof in Phuket gold shop robbery

webfact

Thief breaks through roof in Phuket gold shop robbery

The Phuket News

1525241223_1-org.jpg

Police inspect where the thief broke through the roof to enter the shop. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: Police have begin their search for a man who croke into a gold shop on the east side of Phuket Town this morning and made off with gold items reportedly valued at more than B100,000.

Maj Nucharee Longkeaw of the Phuket City Police said officers were notified of the break-in by the owner of shop, Thanet Hok Gold Shop on Sri Sena Rd, by the owner, Jirasak Tarnattanasombut, 58, at 9am.

On arriving at the shop, the investigating officers discovered that the thief had broken through the roof to enter the shop and steal the valuables.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/thief-breaks-through-roof-in-phuket-gold-shop-robbery-66971.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-05-02

Phuket Town Gold shop thief arrested within five hours

Police seized many gold items and a gun during the arrest.

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

IMG_4911.jpg

Quick work by Phuket Town police in yesterday’s gold shop robbery case. The Phuket Town Police have arrested 35 year old Sermsin Thepwong from Khon Kaen at 6:30pm last night (Wednesday). Police seized many gold items and a gun during the arrest. He was arrested at a house on Anuphas Phuketkan Road in Phuket Town.

After investigating police found the suspect lives in Saphan Ruamjai Community which is about 800 metres from the gold shop. They went to his house and arrested him.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket-town-gold-shop-thief-arrested-within-five-hours

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2018-05-03

34 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

He was snitched out.

Well to me, with that very noticeable tat on the arm and him living so close to the scene of the crime, my guess is all the cops had to do was ask around (or they already knew who it was) the community and/or just check their criminal records as tats are always photographed/noted when booked.  Not that hard work for the boys in brown this time.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

He was snitched out.

Well done constable kid.promotions coming soon.myself I would of thought it was DNA,dumb native attitude where the camera picked up his plate or he stared straight into the cam or he was the well known local tea leaf that lives around the corner.now this sort of thinking gets to make you a real detective.