Royal Enfield.

There was a bloke from Ubon on the forum who bought a Royal Enfield Bullet.I was just wondering if he had any further updates on it as far as reliability, service,vibration.whether he likes it or not etc.etc.

There was a bloke from Ubon on the forum who bought a Royal Enfield Bullet.I was just wondering if he had any further updates on it as far as reliability, service,vibration.whether he likes it or not etc.etc.

Maybe not the same guy but there is someone just outside Sisaket with one and he seems to do a fair bit of touring on it. Not heard of any major problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen two different models at the Big_C in Sisaket. Both with a 500 cc fuel injection engine. Not very expensive, i had photos, but a hard drive died and I've lost them.

I had a 350 cc for a few months in India and fell in love with them. I'd love to have one, might even buy one soon, when money arrives. 

Please see photos, one is a 2017 model.

Here's the price list:

Royal Enfield Thailand Price List
Model Price Down Down payment Financing Amount Interest rate Payment Term
24 m 36 m 48 m
Bullet 500

฿ 179,800

20% 35,960 ฿ 143,840 6.50% ฿ 6772 ฿ 4775 ฿ 3776
Classic 500 ฿ 189,800 20% 37,960 ฿ 151,840 6.50% ฿ 7149 ฿ 5040 ฿ 3986
Classic Chrome ฿ 198,800 20% 39,760 ฿ 159,040 6.50% ฿ 7488 ฿ 5279 ฿ 4175
Continental GT ฿ 219,800 20% 43,960 ฿ 175,840 6.50% ฿ 8279 ฿ 5837 ฿ 4616

7% VAT included. Company reserves the right to change prices without prior notice.
This offer is subjected to credit approval of the customers.

Royal Enflield Bullet 500 cc.jpg

Royal Enflield II.jpg

Royal Enflield III.jpg

42 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

Maybe not the same guy but there is someone just outside Sisaket with one and he seems to do a fair bit of touring on it. Not heard of any major problems

How is the sound? The 350 cc I had in India was with an almost open pipe. Lovely. 

How is the sound? The 350 cc I had in India was with an almost open pipe. Lovely. 

Our paths havnt crossed yet. Frankie would know more, as he pops into ‘Living in the Past’ frequently. Seen photos of the bike and think it’s a 500 classic with chrome tank.

A while back at the tire shop here in CM and a farang rode up on one. He liked it except for all of the parts that keep falling off. He says the welds were very poor quality

Maybe that’s why they bought Harris Engineering?????

2 hours ago, moe666 said:

A while back at the tire shop here in CM and a farang rode up on one. He liked it except for all of the parts that keep falling off. He says the welds were very poor quality

And no pillion seat.

Well my Missus has convinced me to get a Vulcan S 650 .I love the look of the Enfield but I'd need to modify the thing to forward controls with my broken knees before I could ride it.The Vulcan is good to go as is.

I was chatting to a British tourist a couple of weeks ago in Ban Chang who owned a number of bikes including a Royal Enfield. He was a retired engineer, and was very critical of the build quality - his had actually grenaded after a couple of years. He said he could live with it as he had other more reliable bikes and enjoyed working on bikes so the fact it had blown up was an "opportunity" for him to get stuck into a project, but he basically said it was the worst quality bike he'd ever owned.

I see them as quite stylish bikes, but the quality issues and the fact they are way overpriced in Thailand compared to India (around double the price I believe) keeps me away.

I was chatting to a British tourist a couple of weeks ago in Ban Chang who owned a number of bikes including a Royal Enfield. He was a retired engineer, and was very critical of the build quality - his had actually grenaded after a couple of years. He said he could live with it as he had other more reliable bikes and enjoyed working on bikes so the fact it had blown up was an "opportunity" for him to get stuck into a project, but he basically said it was the worst quality bike he'd ever owned.

I see them as quite stylish bikes, but the quality issues and the fact they are way overpriced in Thailand compared to India (around double the price I believe) keeps me away.

Let’s hope the new 650 twins are a lot better. They certainly look good.

Archived