Something Weird Is Going On

khunandy

I just came across the weirdest thing, I was googling a subject matter and came across a site that had cut and pasted a question I had written last year and put it under somebody elses name seven months later, not only that but the reply underneath is also been lifted and allocated to someone else on this (until now) unfamiliar website. Below is what I came across tonight and after that is my original posting on

Findoha Home Improvement Forums > Trade Talk > Roofing

Pre fab steel roof trusses

User Name Remember Me?

Password

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search

Roofing It is best to employ professional roof contractors when you have a problem.

Show Threads Show Posts

Advanced Search

Go to Page...

Welcome to the Findoha Home Improvement Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

#1 12-30-2006, 05:14 AM

isabella

Member Join Date: Dec 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all,

Does anybody have any experience or information on pre fabricated steel roof trusses. The house I am planning near Khon Kaen is a simple gable roof and I have been told that Blue scope Steel has a factory there.

In Australia Blue scope Steel fabricates steel trusses to order. I am at work in China at the moment and cant get a response from their email address.

This type of roof is very common on the west coast of Aussie now and I was wondering if anybody has used this method and how it compared in costs to the typical Thai method of onsite welding etc.

I am also looking at the possibility of steel frame walls on my second story, any opinions or advice.

Thanks

isabella View Public Profile

Send a private message to isabella

Find all posts by isabella

#2 12-30-2006, 05:17 AM

darren

Member Join Date: Dec 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You investigated possibly using these kinds of trusses when we were getting ready to build our house. It seems like the companies here in Thailand are only interested in really big jobs----housing developments. When he finally did get a cost out of them it was cost prohibitive and we ended up building our own with steele. He had our welder set up a jig on site and then went from there. You can see pictures of our trusses on this site. The architecture dept. of one of the companies my husband worked for was responsible for testing weight loads for trusses. Some may think ours are overkill, but they are built to specs. In the states, if I remember correctly, it's 35 lbs minimum per sq. foot.

Now here is the original posting I wrote 7 months previously WTH :o

Andy

Posted: Sat May 27, 2006 8:27 am

Hello all,

Does anybody have any experience or information on pre fabricated steel roof trusses. The house I am planning near Khon Kaen is a simple gable roof and I have been told that Bluescope Steel has a factory there.

In Australia Bluescope Steel fabricates steel trusses to order. I am at work in China at the moment and cant get a responce from their email address.

This type of roof is very common on the west coast of Aussie now and I was wondering if anybody has used this method and how it compared in costs to the typical Thai method of onsite welding etc.

I am also looking at the possibility of steel frame walls on my second story, any opinions or advice.

Thanks guys

And here is crusin's response back in 2006

cruzing

Posted: Sat May 27, 2006 9:07 pm

Andy wrote:

Hello all,

Does anybody have any experience or information on pre fabricated steel roof trusses. The house I am planning near Khon Kaen is a simple gable roof and I have been told that Bluescope Steel has a factory there.

In Australia Bluescope Steel fabricates steel trusses to order. I am at work in China at the moment and cant get a responce from their email address.

Thanks guys

Mr Cruzing investigated possibly using these kinds of trusses when we were getting ready to build our house. It seems like the companies here in thailand are only interested in really big jobs----housing developements. When he finally did get a cost out of them it was cost prohibitive and we ended up building our own with steele. He had our welder set up a jig on site and then went from there. You can see pictures of our trusses on this site. The architecture dept. of one of the companies my husband worked for was responsible for testing weight loads for trusses. Some may think ours are overkill, but they are built to specs. In the states, if I remember correctly, it's 35 lbs minimum per sq. foot.