What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

The first episode of Legion was pretty amazing. Hard to believe Dan Stevens can play "David Haller", "Matthew Crawley", and "The Beast".

Season 2 of Billions is back (19 Feb.) but S02E01 available now.

Homeland Season 6 is pretty good so far, I think.

The Expanse Season 2 is good; I'm a fan of the books.

I liked Quarry (Season 1, Cinemax) from last year.

I like Travelers.

Taboo is great.

Better Call Saul is back for Season 3 April 10. ( Kelly Dixon, an editor on this and many other great shows, has an awesome podcast "Better Call Saul Insider", which is interesting if you like the show. )

• Like 2

Keeping Up with the Joneses (2016)

Action · A suburban couple becomes embroiled in an international espionage plot when they discover that their seemingly perfect new neighbors are government spies.

Kept falling asleep or losing concentration about halfway through. It's comical and entertaining for a night in with the popcorn but nothing to rave about. A typical American family comedy/action movie.29906170001_5166030504001_JONES.jpg

Keeping Up with the Joneses (2016)

Action · A suburban couple becomes embroiled in an international espionage plot when they discover that their seemingly perfect new neighbors are government spies.

Kept falling asleep or losing concentration about halfway through. It's comical and entertaining for a night in with the popcorn but nothing to rave about. A typical American family comedy/action movie.29906170001_5166030504001_JONES.jpg

I saw the trailer for that movie and thought
" mm i'll give this one a miss "

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

7 hours ago, robertthebruce said:

Just been to see " Manchester by the Sea"....... With Michelle Williams.....

Excellent..... A Must

Agree, I enjoyed it too, although the ending got me thinking a little because it wasn't one of the "nicely stitched up/totally happy endings", but made me think because IMO it was a compromise and that's often the way in real life.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Agree, I enjoyed it too, although the ending got me thinking a little because it wasn't one of the "nicely stitched up/totally happy endings", but made me think because IMO it was a compromise and that's often the way in real life.

I watched the first half and was not impressed. I decided to just hit the sack. However, when I investigated the film, I got the idea that all the good stuff happens later in the movie. I might try watching the rest some day.

• Like 1

Trumped: Inside the Greatest Political Upset of All Time (2017)
105 min  |  Documentary

Unprecedented access and never-before-seen footage of candidate Trump, from the primaries through the debates to the dawning realization that the controversial businessman will become the 45th President of the United States.

tmp_6059-2017-02-16-20-09-20--70990700787945482.jpg

• Like 1

On 02/15/2017 at 8:22 PM, JB300 said:

Oak Island is shaping up for an interesting finale next week ( don't those kind of programs always!)

But what's Legion all about? Is it worth watching the 2nd episode?

A two hour finale. It's going to be an emotional rollercoaster. From the clip it looks like they struck gold. I hope so, they deserve it.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2017 at 11:23 AM, Wilsonandson said:

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAg3AAAAJDIxZjZkYzRhLThkMjQtNDE5NS04ZTc0LTBmYjgyMmM5NGRmZg.jpg
I watched Arrival (2016) last night and thought it was similar to Contact with Jodie Foster. I enjoyed the movie but it wasn't oscar winning material. Of all the sci-fi movies I've seen recently the best would have to be Passengers (2016). Much more entertaining.

Arrival gets far better ratings on IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes than Passengers, and with good reason. Though Passengers sags in the middle (as Arrival sags until the final act) and resorts to some SF movie cliché, it has an original, compelling plot twist, Amy Adams' fantastic performance, and a much deeper meaning;

Passengers is fairly predictable and standard stuff, plot-wise, and pulls rabbits outta hats to keep it going. As one critic said of Passengers,

It's the feature-length adaptation of that article about how to talk to a girl wearing headphones.

Passengers is a bit of Titanic, Sleeping Beauty, Gravity, and Castaway I suppose. Loved the technology and the visuals, best of which is Jennifer Lawrence leading you to hope she'll show more of herself.

Both are worth watching for different reasons, I thought, but Arrival will stay with me long after I've forgotten Passengers.

Edited by JSixpack
  • Like 2

I went and watched John Wick Chapter 2 yesterday.  Thought it was a good film.  If you enjoyed the first one then you should enjoy this, lots of killings, lots of double taps and a bit of a continued story line from the first

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Caps said:

I went and watched John Wick Chapter 2 yesterday.  Thought it was a good film.  If you enjoyed the first one then you should enjoy this, lots of killings, lots of double taps and a bit of a continued story line from the first

Gun Foo

Can't wait.

Original film body count ~ 84

#2 ~ 141

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1

Urban Myths (2017) tv series

Our "Urban Myths" are stories that have been passed down over time and have now become part of urban folklore. But are they true? We take a slightly tongue in cheek, mischievous -- and deliberately ambiguous -- look at what might have happened.

• Like 1

Has anyone been watching Stranger Things? IMDB gives it a rating of 9, but I'm up to episode 4 and I just can't see it being that good. It's mildly entertaining, but that's about the best I could say about it.

Yes, I've watched it. Enjoyed it but I do agree it has been overrated a little. I will watch the next series too.

I'm watching The Bates Motel at the moment. That too is enjoyable, similar standard to Stranger things IMO.

I don't think there are any TV series that have been that bad that I've stopped watching, most serve their purpose as entertainment.

11 minutes ago, DMC1 said:

Yes, I've watched it. Enjoyed it but I do agree it has been overrated a little. I will watch the next series too.

I'm watching The Bates Motel at the moment. That too is enjoyable, similar standard to Stranger things IMO.

I don't think there are any TV series that have been that bad that I've stopped watching, most serve their purpose as entertainment.

You have a lot more perseverance than me, there's been plenty of TV shows that I couldn't watch past the first 15 minutes. In fact that's what happened with Stranger Things and I only came back to it because of all the hype, kind of regretting that I didn't stick with my first impression.

• Like 1

On 16 February, 2017 at 1:43 PM, evadgib said:

A friend persuaded me to return to this after I had given up last week. I was glad that I listened :)

I was gonna say it has the most gut wrenching battle scenes EVER filmed.

Oscar worthy just for that.

• Like 1