What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Tv series- The State

Enjoyed episode 1 of this new 4 part series.
All episodes will be shown on consecutive days.

IMDB: A look at the lives of four British citizens who join ISIS in Syria.

[/url]  

Disgusting that the Bullshit Broadcasting Company is showing this a few days after what has just happened

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Bluebeard was o.k but not anything like the host or oldboy. Still it's worth a watch. It certainly entertained me last night. Now what to watch tonight? I think it's time to watch some oldies.

Here's two missing person movies that I love.

Breakdown (Kurt Russell) and the Vanishing (Jeff Bridges).

1503317155100.jpg1503317163697.jpg

Just now, Will27 said:

It's fiction........

Based on true stories, glamourising a minority of extremists to mass audiences and infecting a small minority enough for them to take the information all too seriously and radicalisation step 1 is complete. It's a stepping stone for the weak minds and it's those with weak minds the extremists prey on. 

• Like 2

Based on true stories, glamourising a minority of extremists to mass audiences and infecting a small minority enough for them to take the information all too seriously and radicalisation step 1 is complete. It's a stepping stone for the weak minds and it's those with weak minds the extremists prey on. 

Judging by the preview clips it's all gonna end in tears for them.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Just now, roo860 said:

Judging by the preview clips it's all gonna end in tears for them.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I'm watching season 3 of the Kingdom.

Pure car crash tv watching this show.  Some pretty good sex scenes but the leads are just ticking time bombs all on paths to self destruction. This show paints a grim pixture of UFC people and all connected to it. Frank grillo thinks he has the presence to pull of a tony soprano Dr melfi scene and flops. It's got to the point where every other word from him sounds like Punt. 

Kind of watchable though 

9 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Judging by your comments, I doubt you've seen it, but you say they're being "glamorized".

Using your analogy, we shouldn't be making shows about terrorists, serial killers, rapists etc.

It's a TV show.

• Haha 1

On 8/20/2017 at 4:18 PM, coops said:

Ridley Scott.... d@mn you!

"Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me"

I shoulda know better.... @sigh@    .... massive @sigh@

Prometheus was the first time I was a fool... but to be dumb enough to watch Alien Covenant, I can only blame myself.

Oh, it looks nice (yay, Ridley!) but apart from that - it notches up 6.6 at imdb, which is a decent enough warning.

Dreadful.... again.

Speaking of dreadful movies - Michael Fassbender reminded me of Tom Hiddlestone so much that  I must do my duty and hereby warn you never, never, to watch 'High Rise'.

There's only one decent moment when there's a cover of Abba's 'SOS' by Portishead - and you can hear that elsewhere or on youtube without suffering the movie - i'll be reading the book once I've rinsed the memory of this from my mind.

On the other good Tom Hiddlestone side - the TV series "The Night Manager" was marvellous.

If you think Alien Covenant was crap, watch Tom Cruise "The Mummy." Absolute hogwash!!!

On 8/20/2017 at 8:25 AM, Wilsonandson said:

Thanks very much.

Watched the Invisible Guardian last night. It was like the Silence of the Lambs. I was glued to the Tele. Best serial killer movie in a long time. Of course it's in Spanish with some English scenes, but I had good subtitles to read.
el-guardian-invisible-trailer.jpg
Well worth your time watching. I'm going to check out Bluebeard next. Keep up the good work fellas. Bye!

Absolute agree with you, Great movie. I didn't know is rained that much in Spain.

Maybe time to have a side section of best foreign movies. 

• Like 1

Absolute agree with you, Great movie. I didn't know is rained that much in Spain.

Cool, that's on Thai Netflix, will take a look at that later

22 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Overated. Best serial killer movie since Silence of the Lambs? Hardly.

This should be good.

"It’s based on the sort-of-true-ish story of a former TWA pilot who in 1984 was arrested for gun-running, money-laundering and carrying drugs in his plane for Colombia’s Medellin cartel."

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/aug/23/american-made-review-tom-cruise-doug-liman

Trouble is this review is in the Guardian .dont read such papers lol

• Haha 1

I haven't read through all the posts so apologies if this has been covered already.

Great 4 part Tv mini series The State:- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6068620/ 

"A look at the lives of four British citizens who join ISIS in Syria"

Don't take notice of the bad IMDB review it's well worth a watch.

Available here:- https://eztv.ag/search/the-state

:smile:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daffy D said:

I haven't read through all the posts so apologies if this has been covered already.

:smile:

Yep, it has been discussed before.

I really enjoyed this one as well.

• Like 2

[emoji2]

Take notice of the IMDB .the only problem it doesnt let you know how bad this series is .tried but it was crap of the first degree

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1