What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

2 hours ago, Air Smiles said:

One of my favourite westerns, it pre-dates the spaghetti westerns like fistful of dollars etc, but you can see where those movies took their inspiration, smouldering cool gunslinger of few words complete with poncho.  Not many westerns I can think of were set partly by the sea, the acting, baddies and dialogue are all terrific.ster:

Full movie:

Great movie. First time I ever heard the expression "You scum sucking pig".

Edited by giddyup

4 hours ago, newatthis said:

Shetland Season 4E1 is out today. Quite enjoy British TV drama shows but struggling with Silent Witness. Vera season 8 was great and when Endeavour S5 and Death in Paradise S7 finish I'll binge watch them.

Yer Shetland Great....written by Ann Cleeves --she's just about won every (book) crime award going.

Death in Paradise Nawatthis, gosh I wouldn't have put that up with the serious acting of Vera/Endeavour/Silent witness  --maybe its changed, I'll go back look.

I once downloaded by mistake "Murder in Paradise" They only put a few out every year--- Basically each episode tells the story of how an idyllic trip in paradise turns deadly, (true life I mean) the latest one is the murder of a self-made British millionaire, shot dead by his former partner - a Slovakian model - at his villa in Spain in 2014 , case (still running) has so many twist and turns, but their investigating reporting is excellent--of course they done the Koh Tao double murder--but with previously unseen footage inside the police station, and rare interviews with the Burmese migrant workers convicted of the murder.....I had never seen before

7 minutes ago, i claudius said:

Now Vera i could never imagine her in a pair of shorts

image.png.6b1aa336832f7a4301ccb5a7cc4b3300.png

You know she is now in her 70s.....so I dont suppose she does climb into them (shorts) to often, nice Bio though , worked for British Rail, saved up her pennies (as they say) and put herself through acting school----she has made some good movies, & been nominated for Oscar's but never got, I dont think her type of movies appeal to much to the American audiences--but she got BAFTA's 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Yer Shetland Great....written by Ann Cleeves --she's just about won every (book) crime award going.

Death in Paradise Nawatthis, gosh I wouldn't have put that up with the serious acting of Vera/Endeavour/Silent witness  --maybe its changed, I'll go back look.

I once downloaded by mistake "Murder in Paradise" They only put a few out every year--- Basically each episode tells the story of how an idyllic trip in paradise turns deadly, (true life I mean) the latest one is the murder of a self-made British millionaire, shot dead by his former partner - a Slovakian model - at his villa in Spain in 2014 , case (still running) has so many twist and turns, but their investigating reporting is excellent--of course they done the Koh Tao double murder--but with previously unseen footage inside the police station, and rare interviews with the Burmese migrant workers convicted of the murder.....I had never seen before

No, it hasn't changed. It reminds me so much of "New Tricks" which I discovered by accident surfing the Net one day. Downloaded the 1st season of "New Tricks", got hooked until the end of the final season. Great entertainment.

• Like 1

Tv series: Maltese - Il Romanzo del Commissario 

Enjoyed the first episode of this one.

All are available with hard coded subs.

Summary: In Sicily during the seventies the police chief Maltese finds himself entangled in an investigation that will

uncover the widespread influence of Mafia in the area and expose the archaic roots which nurtured it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thai movie Samui Song with English subs.

I liked it very interesting story.

Was surprised somewhat by some of the outward sexual premises.

One scene where a Falang is nude and whacking himself.  Fully exposed.  Probably would be an X in most countries.

Looking forward to this one at the end of the month.

Summary: On a tireless quest to find his missing daughter Jody, Nelly will go to any length to uncover the truth and he'll discover more about himself and those around him than he could have ever imagined.

• Like 2

If you are into house renovations....by amateurs...Last night Channel 4  UK

The £1 Houses: Britain's Cheapest Street 

Liverpool City Council are selling off derelict houses - for just £1 each. The houses haven't been touched for 10 years, and the buyers must invest their own cash to renovate them, which is at least £40k. If the work is not completed within 12 months, the council can take the houses back, with no compensation. The Wavertree area is renowned locally for crime, drugs and anti-social behaviour.  This was Shot over 2 years, but they do not say how many episodes there is...... Comes with Hard English subs, of course, .....it is Liverpool....la

• Like 2

Anyway, I'm not excited like these Atlanta kids on news of a school trip to Black Panther, but I'll probably check it out, but it is very long.

Another movie that black audiences love that is definitely for everyone is GET OUT! 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 1

On ‎5‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 8:33 AM, Will27 said:

Tv series - Umbre

This 8 part series from Romania was seriously good.

Unfortunately I couldn't find a torrent with English subs so I had to stream it.
Found it on Dailymotion: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4h28bk

A bit of messing around as I prefer downloading but well worth the effort.

IMDB: Relu is a family man. He has two children, a wife and a double life. Seen through the eyes of his family, Relu Oncescu appears to be an ordinary taxi driver. No one suspects that Relu works as a collector for Capitanu', a local mobster.

This excellent series is available for download with subs on RARBG.

• Like 2

Just watched the first episode ofTroy fall of a city or tried to.found it boreing only managed half an hour.its from the BBC so nice and PC nice mix of people of colour in ancient Troy lol. But it was just the boreing script that put me off .Shame i was looking foreward to it , but Game of Thrones it aint

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app