What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

On ‎16‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 9:56 AM, Will27 said:

Looking forward to this one at the end of the month.

Summary: On a tireless quest to find his missing daughter Jody, Nelly will go to any length to uncover the truth and he'll discover more about himself and those around him than he could have ever imagined.

Episode one is now available and thought it was very good.

• Like 2

Just flown BKK to Doha and watched “ 3 billboards “, excellent movie, enjoyed it very much even with the airline censorship ( gosh darn it !! ).

But I also watched a little bit of “ The Hitmans Bodyguard “ which I thought was terrible, very run of the mill for big box office names.
I did fall asleep after 1/2 hour, might give it another try on the next leg but not very hopeful !

1 hour ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Are you not supposed to say what free streams you watch on.?.Bit stupid if so, i have to Google them when theres no link.!.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I think streaming info is ok, but not Torrent Site names.

On 3/3/2018 at 3:48 PM, faraday said:

The Shape of Water.

Anyone seen it yet?

Michael Shannon made a brilliant baddie!

Loved it, from beginning to end.

10/10.

Watched it last week ,hd rip... it was so good and after I seen it I knew it was an Oscar award winning film .

"The creature from the black lagoon"

• Like 2

Icarus - watched this doco a few weeks ago and saw it won an Oscar tonight.

Pretty frightening really.

Summary: When Bryan Fogel sets out to uncover the truth about doping in sports, a chance meeting with a Russian scientist transforms his story from a personal experiment into a geopolitical thriller involving dirty urine, unexplained death and Olympic Gold-exposing the biggest scandal in sports history.

• Thanks 1

Season 2 of the excellent Umbre is now available with subs.

Summary: Relu is a family man. He has two children, a wife and a double life. Seen through the eyes of his family, Relu Oncescu appears to be an ordinary taxi driver. No one suspects that Relu works as a collector for Capitanu', a local mobster. Neither of the two worlds (his family and the mafia) knows of the other's existence. Relu manages to keep everything under control, but not for long.

On 3/4/2018 at 9:58 PM, Will27 said:

Episode one is now available and thought it was very good.

I am having a job finding that in the usual places Will27....can you point a finger, ...Also the UK papers are say they will put out the first 4 episodes this week.

30 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Thanks Will27.....got it...but surprised how many of the usual mob not showing so far.

No probs mate.

Yep, I was keeping an eye out as well and it wasn't showing up anywhere.

Think the next 7 episodes will be available each Thursday from now on.

Ok, an observation & a moan about "Collateral".

Watched most of ep 4 last night, & it somehow seems way too prescriptive. The plot is very good, a little over involved, but I just cannot connect with any of the characters.

The scenes are too planned, without any naturalness.

Carey Mulligrew is just not another Helen Mirren, & for some critics to compare it to The Wire, is ludicrous.

Ok, thank you for reading. I feel better now.

:laugh::laugh:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, faraday said:

Watched most of ep 4 last night, & it somehow seems way too prescriptive. The plot is very good, a little over involved, but I just cannot connect with any of the characters.

Carey Mulligrew is just not another Helen Mirren, & for some critics to compare it to The Wire, is ludicrous.

Didn't grab me either. Neither did the new Brit series called "Save Me". Just found the lead character annoying.

3 hours ago, faraday said:

I'm with ya!

Actually, I reckon the standard of English series has dropped lately.

This journo has an idea why.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2018/mar/06/from-mcmafia-to-collateral-why-is-so-much-british-drama-falling-short

And speaking of The Wire, which would be in my top 3 shows of all time, this is a good article.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2018/mar/06/the-wire-10-years-on-we-tore-the-cover-off-a-city-and-showed-the-american-dream-was-dead

• Like 1

Phew, it's not just me then,  thought I was becoming an even more grumpy b*s*ard ...555!

With regard to Mcmafia, when Alex shoots the other mafia head, it was just too out of character to be credible.