What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Bloodline

I blew through this series pretty fast. Takes a while to get used to the way the tale is told, but after about four episodes I was gobbling them up two at a time. This story should have wide appeal, because so many families have a member or a close relative who is, and always has been TROUBLE for the whole outfit. Great cast, very fine acting and story telling.

Can't imagine where they will take this "situation" next season.

9 point 5, with some Special Items not on our regular menu at the Rayburn Inn.

yeah cant remember who gave the nod on this one but a bloody good shout. werent quite up to the level of the wire breaking bad ect ect but a top draw drama.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by rijit

Just finished watching the latest episode of Grimm and at the end they had an ad for a new TV series coming on May 28. Starring David Duchovny (X-Files).

Aquarius - A gritty 1960s cop drama about a cop who goes undercover to track Charles Manson and the Manson Family before their infamous murder spree.

I'm looking forward to this one.

NBC to Stream Full Season of David Duchovny’s ‘Aquarius’ After Premiere

to stream all 13 episodes of the upcoming David Duchovny series “Aquarius” following the season premiere on May 28. The Charles Manson murder drama will be available to binge-view on NBC.com and the NBC app after the show’s two-hour linear network premiere, the network announced Wednesday. The entire series will also be offered to all other video-on-demand platforms for release at that time as well. “With ‘Aquarius’ we have the opportunity to push some new boundaries to give our audience something no broadcast network has done before,” NBC Entertainment Chairman Bob Greenblatt said.

Learning from HBO's "leak" of Game of Thrones? Or are they suggesting it's really going to tank, but they're not sure so they'll let the public decide?

Just finished watching the latest episode of Grimm and at the end they had an ad for a new TV series coming on May 28. Starring David Duchovny (X-Files).

Aquarius - A gritty 1960s cop drama about a cop who goes undercover to track Charles Manson and the Manson Family before their infamous murder spree.

I'm looking forward to this one.

NBC to Stream Full Season of David Duchovny’s ‘Aquarius’ After Premiere

to stream all 13 episodes of the upcoming David Duchovny series “Aquarius” following the season premiere on May 28. The Charles Manson murder drama will be available to binge-view on NBC.com and the NBC app after the show’s two-hour linear network premiere, the network announced Wednesday. The entire series will also be offered to all other video-on-demand platforms for release at that time as well. “With ‘Aquarius’ we have the opportunity to push some new boundaries to give our audience something no broadcast network has done before,” NBC Entertainment Chairman Bob Greenblatt said.

Learning from HBO's "leak" of Game of Thrones? Or are they suggesting it's really going to tank, but they're not sure so they'll let the public decide?

It seems to be the way some networks are going now, especially netflix.

Bloodline and house of cards are just two that I remember being released

all at once lately.

I just finished watching the latest episode of The Big Bang Theory,and I have 2 questions,

Do any of you think it is the funniest thing on tv? I do

And do you prefer Penny's hair short or long? I find when I am daydreaming about the day she calls me up for a night of fun,she always still has long hair

Edited by i claudius
  • Like 2

I just finished watching the latest episode of The Big Bang Theory,and I have 2 questions,

And do you prefer Penny's hair short or long? I find when I am daydreaming about the day she calls me up for a night of fun,she always still has long hair

YES. It is the only comedy that I make sure to watch every week.

I don't find Penny all that attractive for a TV/movie star. In fact she reminds me of one of my old real-life girlfriends. I thought she was nice looking, but nothing special. Maybe you guys are comparing her to the other girls on the show. I do think she looked better with longer hair though.

And me too. I much prefer the longer hair and was disappointed when the new season started with her hair short. Also not that attracted to her but this scene did give me pause. biggrin.png

7ivTEHP.gif

• Like 2

And me too. I much prefer the longer hair and was disappointed when the new season started with her hair short. Also not that attracted to her but this scene did give me pause. biggrin.png

7ivTEHP.gif

The tinker bell hair cut has grown on me, at first I wasn't a fan but looking back, it's working for me...

Had a real binge day today thanks to the long weekend, caught up on most of my usual shows, though still have a bit of a binge tomorrow with a Persons of Interest and Powers...

I'm really liking CSI: Cyber...

The Flash has finally gotten it's act together, Backstrom continues to impress with its approach to criminal drama..

Gotham's gone a bit stale for me, missus religiously watches it, character development in line with its story base is neither here nor there.

Agents of SHIELD I still watch for the eye candy and somewhat ridiculous storylines...

The Dick Wolf trifecta is always good watching especially when they do a full on cross over week, not getting tired of them, though unfortunate ending to last nights episode...

I do hope NBC sticks with Allegiance or at least another network picks it up, the last few weeks has shown it has the ability...

I do wonder how Elementary is going to continue, I still enjoy the quirkiness of it but it's not everyone's of cup of tetley's..

• Like 2

I have tuned out this season...I watched the first half dozen episodes and it seemed flatter, or maybe the jokes are getting old..

I watched episode 21-ish to see if it had got better..

nope...not for me

• Like 1

7ivTEHP.gif

The tinker bell hair cut has grown on me, at first I wasn't a fan but looking back, it's working for me...

Had a real binge day today thanks to the long weekend, caught up on most of my usual shows, though still have a bit of a binge tomorrow with a Persons of Interest and Powers...

I'm really liking CSI: Cyber...

The Flash has finally gotten it's act together, Backstrom continues to impress with its approach to criminal drama..

Gotham's gone a bit stale for me, missus religiously watches it, character development in line with its story base is neither here nor there.

Agents of SHIELD I still watch for the eye candy and somewhat ridiculous storylines...

The Dick Wolf trifecta is always good watching especially when they do a full on cross over week, not getting tired of them, though unfortunate ending to last nights episode...

I do hope NBC sticks with Allegiance or at least another network picks it up, the last few weeks has shown it has the ability...

I do wonder how Elementary is going to continue, I still enjoy the quirkiness of it but it's not everyone's of cup of tetley's..

Agree in general bout gotham though the development of the riddler, admitedly not as dramatic as other charecter development, but is keeping me interested.,,,, just.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I watched Blood line till the end. Before all you lot It was interesting but not something i would recommend to my friends I found it boring.

But i would go and spend some time on the Florida Keys.

Edited by Patsycat

Person of Interest (The Government has a Machine...It sees Everything...I know, I built it...)

I have followed this show from the beginning. It predated the NSA/Snowden revelations, and really had some great scripts and action. Now, however, it looks as if they are just playing out the string, perhaps climaxing with the Ultimate Clash between the Machine (Good) and Samaritan (Evil). Big Jim seems to be just going through the motions now. The series has made him a bigger star, so he probably has gotten some tempting offers.

However, it looks as if there will be a Season Five...so, I hope they get more inventive and less cartoonish. How many times have Jim and The Angels (Root and Sameen, with their sub-storyline of unconsummated lesbian love) casually and accurately shot bad guys in the knee cap? How many times has Jim been shot? That would take a big physical toll on anybody, even a toned up guy like Jim.

I want to see more of Zoe, and less of the police psychiatrist, Jim's budding love interest. Zoe is a woman and a half, and knows who Jim is, inside out. The shrink is much too soft. This Dominic vs Elias struggle has gotten quite stale. Dominic's crew needs to fade away, like those libertarians from prior seasons.

Camryn Manheim has done a great job as "Control." She is more "stone cold" than Steve Austin. I think even Chuck Norris fears her! She should get the job of liquidating Mr. Greer, with Extreme Prejudice.

Hope the final episodes go out with a bang, and next season returns with big renewed energy. Would love to see Harold get reunited with his girlfriend, the one who thinks he died in the ferry blast.

NINE, with a snapped neck by Root. And Sameen can clone my phone any time!

• Like 2

Tv series - Happyish

Being a big Steve Coogan fan, I was really looking forward to this one.

Unfortunately, it was a let down. I didn't find it amusing and or clever at all.

Having said that, I will give episode two a crack to see if it improves.

IMDB: On his birthday, Thom Payne gets the gift of insignificance and also a new boss. He suspects his ED pills are interfering with his anti-depressants, leaving him with neither happiness nor... happiness. In a culture that reveres youth - a culture he helped create - Thom needs to figure out what his purpose is now that he's halfway to death and nobody cares what he thinks. Because in a world where any Kardashian is trending up, perhaps the wise among us would heartily embrace trending down.

[media][/media]

Completely agreed. The first episode was somehow disappointing. But for me, episodes 2 and 3 made good for the weak start. Liked that they gave his wife the lead for the second episode. She did great when "talking" to her mother. The show might not be a comedy-supernova but I really enjoyed the two last episodes. If they continue on that level, I'm happy(ish).

• Like 1

Daredevil on Netflix. Was just released (season 1) on April 10th

Looking forward to this one

I'm currently at episode 6 of Daredevil and I find it surprisingly good.

The fistfights against people with guns get a bit tiring but the brutality and the returning shocks of violence really keep me awake (they are at the limit of what I think a comic-film should show, though). Interesting how they picture the bad guy, I mean the real nasty high-end one, not the many sadistic murderous ordinary bad guys that live in "Hellskitchen". And I like that it is not just individual cases lined up and solved but instead one storyline with each episode showing more of the whole picture.

I must admit, with this show I got more than I expected, but in a good way.

• Like 1

bit stuck for something to watch and had a feeling i wanted something light and maybe a comedy

so found 'Silicon valley', obviously i'de seen it around but tbh didn't fancy it, dysfunctional start up geeks in silicone valley REALLY,,,,,1zgarz5.gif

but yeah i'm four in and it's actually quite funny

• Like 1

The Imitation Game

Very good movie, first class performance by Benedict.

Review here http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_imitation_game/?search=The%20Imitation%20Game

You can watch it here http://rainierland.com/movie/the-imitation-game-2014.html

Just got around to watching this last night. What a fantastic movie. But I do love war and spy movies! smile.png

• Like 2

Interstellar ..... total pants, the whole plot rested on a guy in a spacesuit being able to walk faster than someone in a jet.

Many more plot holes a mile wide.

How anyone can make a movie as bad as this is completely beyond me, the director must have been on drugs the whole time.

I finally caught up with this last night. A few plot holes, but overall i enjoyed it. Not too bad at all.

• Like 1

Interstellar ..... total pants, the whole plot rested on a guy in a spacesuit being able to walk faster than someone in a jet.

How anyone can make a movie as bad as this is completely beyond me, the director must have been on drugs the whole time.

I finally caught up with this last night. A few plot holes, but overall i enjoyed it. Not too bad at all.

And I thought Craig was rather good when quoting a post from January. But quoting a post from last year... that is something! smile.png

• Like 2

And I thought Craig was rather good when quoting a post from January. But quoting a post from last year... that is something! smile.png

tongue.png.

You can search within a topic for key words. Use the drop down menu next to the search box and select 'This topic'

• Like 1

The problem is, many of the new movies mentioned here don't have official DVDs released. This one came out on DVD March 31. And normally, the best stuff isn't available for at least a few weeks after that. At least.

I have a new high def TV and a wonderful 5.1 surround sound system. I tend to only download HD content, and prefer BR. Never TS or screener copies. Just not worth it for me....I'd prefer to wait.

I use this service to find out when DVDs are released:

http://www.dvdsreleasedates.com/

I get an email every week with what's just come out.

• Like 1

tongue.png.

You can search within a topic for key words. Use the drop down menu next to the search box and select 'This topic'

Are you telling me that you actually did not memorize every single post that has ever been made on this forum???

Tried the search function, but obviously, I am not good with the keywords. biggrin.png

Type in "imitation" in the search box. Just to the right it says "all". Click that and select "this topic" on the pull down. When the results come up, you'll notice the first one is a reply to the original. Click on the arrow to the right inside the quoted text. That takes you to the original post. You can then reply to the original post!

thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Started watching "The Returned" and "The Messengers" - not sure, where are they going, especially with the 2nd one...

Eagerly awaiting the return of "Under the dome" and "The Strain"- especially the last one!

Also The Flash" or "IZombie" are quiet entertaining!

Movies: I just enjoyed the hell out of "John Wick"- best mindless action- flic since "Shoot'em up"!

A warning: Grand Hotel Budapest! I either din't get the fine wit and great irony in this movie, that features basically every great actor alive today...or it was just a pretentious, blown up, overhyped piece of boring garbage! Didn't speak to me...at all!

• Like 1

Grand Hotel Budapest was a bit of a different movie. I enjoyed it, but went in knowing it was going to be a bit strange. And of course I really like the actors!

John Wick was entertaining. No Oscars, but entertaining. And we love Under the Dome....but I'm a scifi nut!

• Like 1

Under the dome,started ok but quickly descended into the worst load of puerile junk that TV can turn out{sorry} also watched the bridge England/French edition and the Swedish/Danish with subtitles,both ist class then tried the American version,no comment,

Edited by i claudius
  • Like 2