What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

I watched Kingsman with Colin Firth today. The first time i have actually enjoyed a movie from start to finish in a long time!!

Apart from The Next Best Marigold Hotel which i watched last week!!

At the moment enjoying a bit of TV - Watching Lionel Ritchies concert from Glastonbury. It's amazing how you can remember song lyrics from so long ago!! Great concert, if you can find it watch it. Might even get some of you old fogies doing a wee dance in your seats!!! Or even remembering when women were "three times a lady"!!

• Like 2

The wife and i just watched the new mad max movie , pity i was not still 12 years old ,i would have really loved it , the wife asked "what was it all about"? must say i havnt a clue , but lots of loud bangs and car crashes though.

I tried to watch the new Mad Max movie too, but it did not seem to have a plot, so I fell asleep after a while. I need a strong plot and interesting characters to reel me in.

I am not really a fan of Mel Gibson ,but compared to the guy who played Max in this piece of crap he would have been an oscar nominee.

• Like 1

I tried to watch the new Mad Max movie too, but it did not seem to have a plot, so I fell asleep after a while. I need a strong plot and interesting characters to reel me in.

I am not really a fan of Mel Gibson ,but compared to the guy who played Max in this piece of crap he would have been an oscar nominee.

tongue.png

I loved this movie. It was just a great, over the top, action movie, done with originality, humour, randomness and flair, avoiding over sentimentality and political correctness. It doesn't take itself seriously...Just when U think the story/movie is coming to a close, it turbo-powers back on itself for another quarter hour of mayhem.

I'd also be happy to see the mad max franchise engage a serious and dark story line. The setting is there and it cold be a terrific franchise also...

Still....The franchise was always a bit far fetched in story line and this was no different.

P.S This is a movie that should be watched on the big screen

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

tongue.png

I loved this movie. It was just a great, over the top, action movie, done with originality, humour, randomness and flair, avoiding over sentimentality and political correctness. It doesn't take itself seriously...Just when U think the story/movie is coming to a close, it turbo-powers back on itself for another quarter hour of mayhem.

I'd also be happy to see the mad max franchise engage a serious and dark story line. The setting is there and it cold be a terrific franchise also...

Still....The franchise was always a bit far fetched in story line and this was no different.

Glad you liked it,if we all liked the same thing it would get boring.

• Like 2

tongue.png

Glad you liked it,if we all liked the same thing it would get boring.

I wonder who added this emoticon: tongue.png ? It is so ... perfect. biggrin.png

• Like 1

Episode 2 of True Detectives surprised me with an ending that I had not expected, at all. People! That was not necessary. I find the show great. I would have continued watching anyway!

• Like 2

This guy is a top drawer actor. Maybe you should watch Bronson, Warrior or Lawless.

His new film is Legend. Playing the Kray twins.

Tv Series - The Fear

A 4 part series from the UK starring Peter Mullan.
Two episodes in and really enjoying this one.

IMDB: A Brighton crime boss turned entrepreneur and the disintegration of a criminal mind.

• Like 2

This guy is a top drawer actor. Maybe you should watch Bronson, Warrior or Lawless.

His new film is Legend. Playing the Kray twins.

What ,both of them?

• Like 1

True Detective 2...Early Impressions

This series bears no resemblance to the Harrelson/McConnaughey first edition. It's so different in every way, (except for the frequent overhead shots of the landscape--LA freeways this time) it should have a different title.

It seems a lot of people don't like the job Vince Vaughn is doing in his role. I think it is written as a character who used to be a thuggish gangster, who now has the means, the proper wife, and the full intention to "go legit", ala Michael Corleone in Godfather 3. He is stiff and wooden because he really hasn't learned to be this guy yet. It's a big breakout role for VV, and I think he's doing good work here. For me, the weak link is Taylor K's portrayal of the troubled Highway patrolman. But that could be the fault of the script and not the actor. Colin Farrell carries most of the heavy acting load, so far, and does it well, in my opinion.

This production has the look of a David Lynch film, with the oddball secondary characters (W. Earl Brown, sleazy cop, so pickled you can almost smell him, the Mayor of Vinci, the David Morse "guru", etc) and particularly the scenes set in that grubby little bar, with the depressing girl singer, and the enigmatic barmaid with the scarred face. Too bad the great Lynch himself was not put in charge, there would be lots more bizarre touches, and probably more skilfully applied.

So far, it seems like a worthy effort. I'm in for the whole trip.

• Like 2

I am not so certain about Vince Vaughn (yet). May be, at least for now, I still see him as a "Wedding Crasher" instead of somebody in organized crime. That might change over time, though.

Anyway, I like the David Lynch comparison.

• Like 1

Tv Series - The Fear

IMDB: A Brighton crime boss turned entrepreneur and the disintegration of a criminal mind.

Peter Mullan scares the hell out of me. Starting with My Name is Joe. where he played a 'round-the-bend mean drunk, and then Tyrranosaur, where he played a similar character, there's something about this guy that makes you want to stay on his good side, if there is such a thing.

Good actor!

• Like 2

Tv Series - The Saboteurs

Two episodes into this new 6 part series and really enjoying it.

IMDB: The story behind Hitler's plan of Germany getting the atomic bomb during WW2, and the heavy water sabotages
in Rjukan, Norway, seen from four angles, the German side, the allied, the saboteurs and the company side.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3280150/?ref_=nv_sr_1

• Like 2

Tv Series - The Fear

Peter Mullan scares the hell out of me. Starting with My Name is Joe. where he played a 'round-the-bend mean drunk, and then Tyrranosaur, where he played a similar character, there's something about this guy that makes you want to stay on his good side, if there is such a thing.

Good actor!

Peter Mullan scares me as well.

Thanks for the tip on Tyrannosaur, I'll have a look at that one.

Saw the first episode of Zoo. Animals jointly attack humans all over the world. My guess is, the phenomenon will probably be explained by the theories of a scientist who was a complete nut job but whose crazy ideas will later turn out to be right. This scientist was also the father of one of the main characters. No shit!

Although there were already a few killings, it is still, lets say, rather family friendly with no blood splattering around. There were brief moments of excitement, maybe with more to come in the next episodes. Otherwise, I found the acting rather poor, which is, I think, the real reason why PETA already demanded to cancel the show and not because the show uses real instead of computer animated animals.

For me there is not much to watch on Tuesdays, so, I guess I'll stick with Zoo for a while, but with low expectations.

• Like 1