What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Saw Runner, an utterly boring film about a congressman in Louisiana after the oil spill, who must resign over a sex affair and tries to get his life together afterwards.

Watched it last night and agree about boring. Guilty of fast forwarding sections hoping for something better out of it. smile.png

Currently watching Extant, a Sci-Fi, with Hal Berry. Finished episode 3 last night and the jury is still out on this for me.

First season is a bit boring but the story gets way more interesting in season two (i skipped last few episodes of season 1 and went straight to two to give it a chance.)

Funny ,season one was not to bad , just got bored with season 2 and after 3 episodes just switched off half way through ,

American Crime

I was looking around for something to fill the void after the end of True Detective, and saw some good reviews for this. I got through the first episode, but that will do it for me. Every stereotype of what is "wrong" (at street level, at least) with America these days is on display here. Bad cops, meth heads going nuts, living in squalor, extreme violence, and virulent racism all around. I must be getting soft, but I can't get involved with this mess.

Great cast, wasted.

Edited by Frank James

One of the best action tv-shows out there is Banshee.

Sadly, the next series of Banshee will be the last

Anyone watch American Crime ... really excellent series, check it out

EDIT: ah, been mentioned recently above - I really enjoyed it, to be honest

True Detective 2nd series was disappointing

Edited by Razzler1973
  • Like 1

Rectify: Season 3 Gone Already!

Well, I stand corrected. In the sixth and last episode of Season 3, one of the characters casually remarks (the following statement could be seen as a MINI-SPOILER. I don't think so but you might, so, You Were Warned):

That all of the action since Daniel came out of prison, that we have agonized over for 26 episodes over two years, has taken place in just "six or seven weeks."

Well, the writers know best. I just can't see how all of that stuff could have happened in such a short time span but, there it is.

In a great interview, Creator Ray McKinnon says, with one more short season coming up, he feels "the end is near." Long time fans would likely agree. It could have easily ended on this last episode, even though there are some huge loose ends to resolve. This has been one of my favorite series of all time, completely different from anything I have seen before. Season 3 was just as powerful as what went before, and it will be great to see the final set of episodes.

12/10!, and crowdsourcing now to buy Tawney some new clothes.

I really liked Rectify but I have just given up on it, start of season 3

We're crawling along to ... I don't know what really and it's kind of just lost me amidst all the other stuff there is to watch

How lovely is Abigail Spencer though?

Watched the first episode and completely agree, particularly with your last sentence, which I would have written like "Simply boring!"

yeah take your point but its maybe a bit hard to judge after just one episode, i've seen worse develop into reasonable dramas and not as a 'given' but the reviewers aint normally that far out.. It's got to many of the good bits in place for it to be totally trash or at least get a whole heap better and hbo have a good enuf record on mini series so for me I'm giving at least episode 2 plus for it to produce.

I guess, these various little family stories happening around that housing problem could merge to something dramatic and exciting. But the second episode should come up with something better than watching a lame character doing lame things. Alright then, lets see...

yeah maybe, or the main topic IE enforcing authorities to provide low cost public housing grows, and has repercussions throughout America. Not sure,,, any Americans on here that remember the story? was it ground breaking? did it have ramifications?

One of the best action tv-shows out there is Banshee.

Sadly, the next series of Banshee will be the last

Anyone watch American Crime ... really excellent series, check it out

EDIT: ah, been mentioned recently above - I really enjoyed it, to be honest

True Detective 2nd series was disappointing

Just goes to show how different we all are on here ,i thought true detective 2 was riviting , one of the best series i have watched this year

Indeed. I'm still watching "The Last Ship" well into the second season and you absolutely hated it when it first came out. I is not one of my favorite shows, but I do find in consistently entertaining.

I have to admit that I gave up on True Detective 2 (I loved the first year) after the first episode, but I have read so many bad reviews of the whole season, That I don't regret it.

American Crime

I really enjoyed it, but what a bunch of scumbags. I did not like True Detective at all. Something for everybody.

I just finished the second season of Power. Very violent and I liked that one too.

I dropped American Crime after a while.. Just bored me...

Power I thought wasn't as good as the first until the last 3 episodes where I thought it was surely axed given 50 Cent (Curtis Jackson) had just declared bankruptcy in reality so wouldn't be able to carry the show...

That door is certainly left wide open for a 3rd season... Phwoar!

• Like 1

Show Me a Hero

The first episode was confusing and...somewhat boring. I hate to use that word. Maybe I just use it to mask the fact that I was having trouble following the story and the many characters being introduced. The second episode goes a long way toward getting everything rolling. Oscar Isaac is not one of my favorite actors, but he does a fine job here. May be a little too "East Coast" for a lot of folks' taste. Many old regulars from The Wire show up on here. It's fun to spot them, and think, where did I see that guy before??

Anything David Simon writes/produces is going to be high quality, thought-provoking, and worthwhile. I'm in til the end.

Indeed. I'm still watching "The Last Ship" well into the second season and you absolutely hated it when it first came out. I is not one of my favorite shows, but I do find in consistently entertaining.

I have to admit that I gave up on True Detective 2 (I loved the first year) after the first episode, but I have read so many bad reviews of the whole season, That I don't regret it.

I agree, really look forward to watching Last Ship now, despite the over acting

TV Series - Spotless

Two episodes into this ten part series and I reckon it's really good.

Do yourself a favour and have a look at this one.

IMDB: Set in London, SPOTLESS is the story of a troubled crime scene cleaner, Jean, whose tidy life is turned upside

down when his outlaw brother Martin crash lands into his world, entangling them in the deadly dynamics of organized crime.

Couldn't find a decent trailer on youtube so here is a link from the studio.

http://www.studiocanaltvseries.com/program/spotless

It is so good I have to come back to it. I completely agree, it really is worth watching. For me this is one of the best show I have seen in quite some time.

I was pleased to hear that they are already working on a second season. BTW, a French production but mainly with British actors (funny though: most of the episodes I saw started with the "previously on Spotless..."-part completely in French. It changed to English only after the title melody, very strange).

Yep

It's a cracking series IMO.

• Like 1

TV Series - Spotless

IMDB: Set in London, SPOTLESS is the story of a troubled crime scene cleaner, Jean, whose tidy life is turned upside

down when his outlaw brother Martin crash lands into his world, entangling them in the deadly dynamics of organized crime.

It is so good I have to come back to it. I completely agree, it really is worth watching. For me this is one of the best show I have seen in quite some time.

I was pleased to hear that they are already working on a second season. BTW, a French production but mainly with British actors (funny though: most of the episodes I saw started with the "previously on Spotless..."-part completely in French. It changed to English only after the title melody, very strange).

Where did you download it from ,looking on kickass all episodes are not there.

TV Series - Spotless

http://www.alluc.com/stream/spotless+s01e05+ top ish right hand corner for a list of links to the series

• Like 1

And yeah i like it, it's a totally watchable series,in cricket terms ATM hasn't got the 'stuff' of the truly great batsmen or bowlers but it would be a decent all rounder and swing between batting 5 maybe 6 dependent on form and competition

• Like 1

TV Series - Spotless

If I remember, it was a combination of both KA ad PB.

Make sure you download the hdtv ones and not the French ones like I didfacepalm.gif

Edited by Will27
  • Like 2

Cambodia Year Zero

This still rates as the most mind blowing documentary I have ever seen. What happened in the 70's in Cambodia is a tragedy that will be studied forever. It has led me to do further study of the Khmer Rouge Era. It is to the great credit of our Cambodian neighbors that they have managed to put their country and lives back together after what went on back then. Not so long ago. Could it happen again? Could it happen here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rpZz5I_ylo

• Like 2

Show Me a Hero

The first episode was confusing and...somewhat boring. I hate to use that word. Maybe I just use it to mask the fact that I was having trouble following the story and the many characters being introduced. The second episode goes a long way toward getting everything rolling. Oscar Isaac is not one of my favorite actors, but he does a fine job here. May be a little too "East Coast" for a lot of folks' taste. Many old regulars from The Wire show up on here. It's fun to spot them, and think, where did I see that guy before??

Anything David Simon writes/produces is going to be high quality, thought-provoking, and worthwhile. I'm in til the end.

Watched the first 4 episodes yesterday and I'm really enjoying this one.

Looking forward to the last 2 shows.