What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

They actually made a 12th (!) season of New Tricks. I watched the first episode and, surprisingly, it was not bad.

Well, it is summertime and the amount of great shows is, I’d say, manageable. So, why not watch some old men solving crimes the old way?

Is this the final season?

Warning to everyone. Do NOT binge watch New Tricks episodes...You will not get that theme song out of your head for weeks and weeks

biggrin.png

So true!

• Like 1

Watching "Rooftop Prince". I wonder if anyone else here watches Korean Dramas They are quite addictive. I have a month to month through drama fever.com for 5.00 a month. Thailand is restricted so you have to go through a proxy server.

Yeah defo addictive my gf and family try and avoid watching them cos they reckon they all end up binging and not getting any sleep.:blink::P:blink:

rijit

• Like 1

Four episodes in, I got used to Rectify again. I forgot how slow-motion works but the show reminded me that it does not have to be rush rush all the time. To be honest, I think it is not really necessary to explore the characters much further. Concentrating on the crime might be an idea, though? And I had the impression that, recently, the Sheriff showed up more often

Don't forget that only something like 6 weeks has passed since Daniel got out of jail. At least that is what I read somewhere and it is the third season already , so that would be easy to forget.

Rectify, Season 3

SIX WEEKS! All of that stuff could not possibly have happened in six weeks. It would have taken Daniel at least that long just to recover from the beating he took, much less the trips to Atlanta, to Florida, getting baptized, the blue ball waltz with Tawney, the Teddy and the Coffee Grounds Affair, etc, etc.

If I were Daniel's lawyer, a thankless job, I would drop him like a hot rock. He does everything he can to get his butt tossed back Inside.

A Masterpiece of a Show. 11/10!

Edited by Frank James
  • Like 2

Sneaky Pete looks like it might be good.

I've been watching:

Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee

BoJack Horseman

Inside Amy Schumer

Broad City

The Brink

Ballers

True Detective S02

Murder in the First S02

The Interceptor

Turn S02

Wayward Pines

Sex and Drugs and Rock & Roll

The Daily Show's final run - Springsteen was AWESOME.

Edited by bamnutsak
  • Like 1

Four episodes in, I got used to Rectify again. I forgot how slow-motion works but the show reminded me that it does not have to be rush rush all the time. To be honest, I think it is not really necessary to explore the characters much further. Concentrating on the crime might be an idea, though? And I had the impression that, recently, the Sheriff showed up more often

Don't forget that only something like 6 weeks has passed since Daniel got out of jail. At least that is what I read somewhere and it is the third season already , so that would be easy to forget.

Rectify, Season 3

SIX WEEKS! All of that stuff could not possibly have happened in six weeks. It would have taken Daniel at least that long just to recover from the beating he took, much less the trips to Atlanta, to Florida, getting baptized, the blue ball waltz with Tawney, the Teddy and the Coffee Grounds Affair, etc, etc.

If I were Daniel's lawyer, a thankless job, I would drop him like a hot rock. He does everything he can to get his butt tossed back Inside.

A Masterpiece of a Show. 11/10!

isnt daniels lawyer steamimgly hot for his sister. Tbh cant say i blame him she is double hot to trot.

rijit

• Like 2

"isnt daniels lawyer steamimgly hot for his sister. Tbh cant say i blame him she is double hot to trot."

rijit

That Abigail Spencer gets around. She's a featured player on this show, as Amantha, Daniel's sister. She appears in True Detective 2 as Velcoro's ex-wife. She was a heavy love interest for Harvey on Suits, and she was one of Don Draper's use 'em, lie to 'em, dump 'em ladies on Mad Men. (How I miss that show!)

Speaking of Rectify, the lady who played Don Draper's secret California first wife, the first one to learn of his incredible deception, is now on Rectify as Tawney and Teddy's marriage therapist.

I think I watch too much TV!

• Like 1

"isnt daniels lawyer steamimgly hot for his sister. Tbh cant say i blame him she is double hot to trot."

rijit

That Abigail Spencer gets around. She's a featured player on this show, as Amantha, Daniel's sister. She appears in True Detective 2 as Velcoro's ex-wife. She was a heavy love interest for Harvey on Suits, and she was one of Don Draper's use 'em, lie to 'em, dump 'em ladies on Mad Men. (How I miss that show!)

Speaking of Rectify, the lady who played Don Draper's secret California first wife, the first one to learn of his incredible deception, is now on Rectify as Tawney and Teddy's marriage therapist.

I think I watch too much TV!

Yes, but that is very helpful! smile.png

• Like 1

Rectify PS:

Amantha is a bit (much too) tightly wrapped (and skinny) for me, but Tawney...she's so spiritual she's getting spooky. What an appealing character. Trouble is, when she goes "back to school" she will probably lose that essential innocence. I have a bit more empathy for Teddy now, but I don't think he's going to be able to hold onto Tawney. The bond seems irretrievably broken. He would like to be accommodating, but he just can't stretch that far.

We haven't heard lately about how Teddy's can't lose rim rental biz is doing.

Having seen Dennis Waterman looking the worse for ware while being interviewed in a pub re the late George

Cole I don't think it'll be too long before he'll get to play it on a Harp smile.png

Met Waterman a few times ,really nice guy ,unlike his Ex wife Rula Lenska is,what a cow, not the nicest of people

...which probably explains his liking of the turps.

I agree with the earlier poster re episode 1 of the new season of 'New Tricks' being well worth watching.

• Like 1

Watched the first series of Extant with Hale Berry, yum yum, but have been finding the second series heavy going just got halfway through episode six and that was it when I started to watch the paint dry instead( actually I was watching the wife out in the garden) I realized why sometimes its better to finish after one series ,like they just have with wayward pines. So good by Hale,it was nice while it lasted

Edited by i claudius

Just watched the two new pilots Lucifer and blind spot ,lasted about 20 minutes with Lucifer,sorry not for me blind spot ok but the pilot was enough doubt if I would watch the series

I agree with Blind Spot. It has the usual cliches but it might keep the interest for some time. At least the mystery puzzle is better than I first thought.

But to my own surprise, I found Lucifer highly amusing even though the guy is in it who played this genius doctor who was high on drugs all the time. Otherwise, good fun. Looking forward to his therapy sessions...

There is a third pilot out: Minority Report, to premiere in September on FOX. It is a sequel of the well known film from 2002. Contrary to the film, the show has a lot of bad actors who have to move their hands in the air all the time. I guess, the targeted audience of the show is a few decades younger than I am. I gave up after 15 minutes. I found it annoyingly bad.

• Like 1

Saw Runner, an utterly boring film about a congressman in Louisiana after the oil spill, who must resign over a sex affair and tries to get his life together afterwards. Nicolas Cage plays the politician and that is the reason why I was able to watch that depressing story to the end. I like Cage since "Wild at Heart" 25 years ago, and since "Lord of War" I am willing to forgive him all the crappy films he played in or that he will play in in the near future (I heard he still has to pay a few bills, how can somebody who earns that much money go broke, I wonder).

• Like 1

There is a third pilot out: Minority Report, to premiere in September on FOX. It is a sequel of the well known film from 2002. Contrary to the film, the show has a lot of bad actors who have to move their hands in the air all the time. I guess, the targeted audience of the show is a few decades younger than I am. I gave up after 15 minutes. I found it annoyingly bad.

Tried it ,but i am not 15 any longer , so no thanks .smile.png

• Like 1

Saw Runner, an utterly boring film about a congressman in Louisiana after the oil spill, who must resign over a sex affair and tries to get his life together afterwards.

Watched it last night and agree about boring. Guilty of fast forwarding sections hoping for something better out of it. smile.png

Currently watching Extant, a Sci-Fi, with Hal Berry. Finished episode 3 last night and the jury is still out on this for me.

• Like 1

Well, it's a wrap on True Detective, Season 2. I watched it all the way and thought it was OK, although the story was all over the map, with too many MacGuffins (see Hitchcock, Alfred) thrown in to get us looking the wrong way. I wasted a lot of time reading peoples' thoughts on this series on a famous other website. There's a bunch of nasty fans out there, particularly harsh on the subject of Vince Vaughn's performance in this confusing story. I thought he did a fine job with the role as it was written. Colin Farrell was the driving force on this one, and he came through with solid work. Rachel McAdams...adequate. Taylor Kitsch...weakest link, but he improved as the tale drifted on.

So many people wanted it to be more like Season 1. I thought that season was better, with a better cast and tighter script, but the finale to Season 2 was better, except for ten minutes of love drivel at the opening.

Eight, with a bag of blue diamonds.

• Like 2

Well, it's a wrap on True Detective, Season 2. I watched it all the way and thought it was OK, although the story was all over the map, with too many MacGuffins (see Hitchcock, Alfred) thrown in to get us looking the wrong way. I wasted a lot of time reading peoples' thoughts on this series on a famous other website. There's a bunch of nasty fans out there, particularly harsh on the subject of Vince Vaughn's performance in this confusing story. I thought he did a fine job with the role as it was written. Colin Farrell was the driving force on this one, and he came through with solid work. Rachel McAdams...adequate. Taylor Kitsch...weakest link, but he improved as the tale drifted on.

So many people wanted it to be more like Season 1. I thought that season was better, with a better cast and tighter script, but the finale to Season 2 was better, except for ten minutes of love drivel at the opening.

Eight, with a bag of blue diamonds.

to be honest I loved it. Even better than season

1,sorry it ended

• Like 1

Saw Runner, an utterly boring film about a congressman in Louisiana after the oil spill, who must resign over a sex affair and tries to get his life together afterwards.

Watched it last night and agree about boring. Guilty of fast forwarding sections hoping for something better out of it. smile.png

Currently watching Extant, a Sci-Fi, with Hal Berry. Finished episode 3 last night and the jury is still out on this for me.

Season one of Extant was not bad. But season 2,after 3 or 4 episodes,I realized I was bored when I started to watch the paint dry in our lounge

True Detective 2

Any show that features a great Leonard Cohen song with the titles, sung by the Master himself (Never Mind!), is almost automatically going to be all right by me.

This was almost cancelled out by the atrocious "music" put out by that depressing girl singer at the David Lynch Bar & Grill, Frank Semyon, Prop.

For action fans, this series featured two and a half great shootouts, and lots of random violence and kink. Great lineup of bad guys, too.

Suits, it was not.

• Like 1

Just watched the two new pilots Lucifer and blind spot ,lasted about 20 minutes with Lucifer,sorry not for me blind spot ok but the pilot was enough doubt if I would watch the series

I agree with Blind Spot. It has the usual cliches but it might keep the interest for some time. At least the mystery puzzle is better than I first thought.

But to my own surprise, I found Lucifer highly amusing even though the guy is in it who played this genius doctor who was high on drugs all the time. Otherwise, good fun. Looking forward to his therapy sessions...

Yeah I think Blind Spot might be worth pursuing, will give it a run for a few episodes. Also liked Lucifer, though the sci-fi aspect I think they could've done without but yeah disappointed "Rush" didn't get a second series, thought it was well worth the effort...

Minority Report, geez, not sure here... Could be worth it and I'll give it another episode or two before switching off...