What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Nominating this as the best crime film of the year….so far.

SUBURRA…..

Mentioned this one last year.

Enjoyed it and would rate is about the same as on IMDB, a 7.5.

Looking forward to the Tv series of the same name to be released next year.

Cant wait for the tv series....FWIW I preferred Gomorra the tv series way more than the movie Gomorra.

Hope the trend continues.

• Like 2

Tv - Madoff

This 2 part series has mixed reviews but I really enjoyed it.

Richard Dreyfuss is superb.

Note: In some places it is broken up into four parts, but It's originally two 90 minutes ones.

I like "The Big Short" and "Billions" a bit better, but nevertheless good fun. That Dreyfuss plays Madoff certainly helpssmile.png .

• Like 1

Episode 1 of Happy Valley season 2 is available.

That was close! When searching for new shows to stream I only saw the title "Episode 1" and immediately came to the wrong conclusion that this must be season 1 again. facepalm.gif

Edited by jope
  • Like 2

Billions, Again (No Spoilers)

Just watched Ep. 4, and must congratulate the writers for a tight, suspenseful script, not relying on the excesses i mentioned before, that got some of you thinking I was a prude, fit only to watch Disney or Hallmark shows. As one of you said, Deadwood was an excellent show, chock full of nasty talk and lots of sex, but it served a good purpose. It was a true depiction of life in a Western mining camp at that point in history. You could have had a drinking game based on Al Searingen's use of the word co-------r. I loved that show. ian McShane is The Man.

Now, on Billions, the game is afoot, with Bobby Ax and Chuck Rhodes gunning for each other using every tool in the box. I am so ignorant of "shorts", and whatever else they are doing, I need to watch each episode twice. Giamatti and Lewis are two fine actors at the peak of their craft, and Showtime has hatched a winner here. Can't wait for more.

Edited by Frank James
  • Like 2

is it me or again there a shortage of quality tv on atm,,, gonna give 'grinder' a go,,, anyone watching it?,,

looking forward to vinyl co produced my none other than martin scorcese and old boy rocker mick jigger http://www.hbo.com/vinyl

There's a bit out there.

At the minute, I'm watching Homicide Hunter, Chicago PD, Suits, Stan Lee's Luck Man, Happy Valley,

Billions and a few others.

Looking forward to Vinyl as well.

• Like 1

Just watched the first episode of the x files , i never could get into the first series and sorry the second is not up to much either ,shame , Midsomer murders is now starting to get jaded ,it used to be so good ,but the stories are now really starting to get a bit silly and episode 5 again has mixed race couples in it , i hate Political Correctness just for its own sake , if it was set in a multicultural town ok (but not every week) but in rural villages in the countryside its just getting ridiculas , perhaps i am just getting to old to be brainwashed by the PC ,left wing luvvie lot .smile.png

Tv - Madoff

Note: In some places it is broken up into four parts, but It's originally two 90 minutes ones.

Yeah mixed reviews but twas good viewing

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Grey's Anatomy is back!! I have watched it since the beginning. and still love it.

If you guys are bored - watch silly reality shows!! The Farmer Wants a Wife AU, is a hoot!!

Regression is quite a quirky thriller starring Ethan Hawke.

If you haven't read about or seen the BBC documentary - How to Die:Simon's Choice. Watch it.

Very touching documentary about a man who developes motorneuron disease and makes the decision to go to Switzerland for assisted suicide.

• Like 2

Grey's Anatomy is back!! I have watched it since the beginning. and still love it.

If you guys are bored - watch silly reality shows!! The Farmer Wants a Wife AU, is a hoot!!

If you haven't read about or seen the BBC documentary - How to Die:Simon's Choice. Watch it.

Very touching documentary about a man who developes motorneuron disease and makes the decision to go to Switzerland for assisted suicide.

If you like dating shows there is a new Australian show called First Dates

It basically has the camera on to people on their first date over dinner and then after dinner they sit them on stools and ask if they would have a second date. It is not too bad some interesting viewing

If you like dating shows there is a new Australian show called First Dates

It basically has the camera on to people on their first date over dinner and then after dinner they sit them on stools and ask if they would have a second date. It is not too bad some interesting viewing

https://au.tv.yahoo.com/plus7/first-dates/

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just in case you get tired of watching all the crime fiction that's out there.

This is.........just a little bit disturbing

Panorama last Monday
Gangs, Guns and the Police

When a seven-year-old boy and his mother were targeted and shot on their doorstep it became clear that a gang war in Salford** had reached a shocking low. That came after the assassination of a mayoral candidate.

** For the non Brits Salford is a suburb of Manchester ---where the Man City Football ground is (and is now referred to as Gunchester by the people in the UK)

clear.gifclear.gifclear.gif

• Like 2

Just in case you get tired of watching all the crime fiction that's out there.

This is.........just a little bit disturbing

Panorama last Monday

Gangs, Guns and the Police

When a seven-year-old boy and his mother were targeted and shot on their doorstep it became clear that a gang war in Salford** had reached a shocking low. That came after the assassination of a mayoral candidate.

** For the non Brits Salford is a suburb of Manchester ---where the Man City Football ground is (and is now referred to as Gunchester by the people in the UK)

Salford is the home of Manchester United.

• Like 1

Incorrect OXO Salford is close to Manchester United,s ground thumbsup.gif don,t start upsetting City,s fans,least thing enrages them whistling.gif

• Like 2

Tv - Madoff

Yeah mixed reviews but twas good viewing

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Great Show. Richard Dreyfuss tears this one up. He IS Madoff. Emmy Emmy.

• Like 2

Incorrect OXO Salford is close to Manchester United,s ground thumbsup.gif don,t start upsetting City,s fans,least thing enrages them whistling.gif

If I am wrong.....then apologies from an old Londoner, who's not been there for more then half a century ........I know they moved from Main RD & took over the Stadium built for the commonwealth games some years back................ but your right petermik........I don't want to upset any of that mob.......

.....Unless their playing Arsenal..............coffee1.gif

Edited by oxo1947
  • Like 2

Did a search but didn't find any mention of it. Ant-Man IMDB rating 7.4. I hesitated even considering watching it due to the title and premise but it surprised me and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Remarkable CGI and great performances. Certainly didn't hurt having Evangeline Lilly in it as costar. smile.png

attachicon.gifEVANGELINE-LILLY.png

I saw this at the cinema when it came out and was similarly pleasntly surprised

• Like 2

Just watched a quirky serial killer movie ,with Emma Thompson ,Ray Winston and Robert Carlisle , its funny , give it a try .,its in all the usual places .

It helps to mention the title. But no worries, can happen to the best and BookMan keeps an eye on things. tongue.png

Edited by jope
  • Like 1

Barney Thomson----no P if you are doing a search..........................coffee1.gif

but thank you --not seen it ..&...always been a fan of Robbie Carlisle, ever since Trainspotting

Edited by oxo1947
  • Like 2