What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

BookMan

Just finished series 2 of Top Boy last night and it was really good.

Give it a crack, I think/hope you will enjoy it.

Nice recommendation Will27.

Just finished Season 1...Started Season 2.

It borrows a couple of bits from a US movie or two but overall pretty good.

• Like 1

I think Firefly was a bit over rated to be honest, never saw the massive appeal

I really liked The 4400 which was stopped without an ending, writers strike/expense of making it, so left hanging but excellent show

I think with most shows they don't ever have an end point in mind so just keep running and running and changing the goal posts. The best ones can do it effortlessly, it's different for cable shows. Fringe was definitely my kind of sci-fi though.

I say to I like sci-fi and people automatically assume star trek and things but I am really not into that at all or Battlestar Galatica and so on, I like a bit of time travel, alternate dimension and all that though

Have you watched Defiance? Canadian (I think) show on SyFy channel, couple of chicks from Dexter in it, post-apocalyspe alien invastion type thing. Not bad, worth a watch. New series in the summer, 1st already aired

Nah haven't seen Defiance, Hulu or Netflix? The other Canadian SciFi show on SyFy is Continuum. Time traveling cops should work for you. Next season is scheduled for spring 2014

Which of course makes me realize I have forgotten to mention Looper. Frikkin awesome move

And not forgetting Falling Skies, which I think has been totally missed so far. I'm salivating for the next season

I also started on continuum and stopped..about 8 episodes into the first season.

I did the same with Defiance

I also did the same with Falling Skies, stopping after season one

Revolution, a few episodes in and I stopped watching

These are all similar shows and they are all the futuristic/post apocalyptic style of show I enjoy. For some reason though none of them hooked me in.

A large part of this is the insistence of these shows to use

a. Ridiculously good looking actors.

b. Have them wearing latest fashion clothing. It is a post apocalyptic environment <deleted>! Don't get me wrong, I love perving on a girl's arse in tight bum lifting jeans as much as most guys, but come on!

c. Have main characters do the most ridiculous things that they just wouldn't do as part of self preservation.

The walking Dead uses a number of good looking actors but has overcome other '<deleted> moments!' in the most recent season. A template for all these shows

Revolution is a show I want to like, but it's getting harder and harder for me to like. Last weeks episode with the sudden revelation that AI was somehow created just had me shaking my head with a <deleted> moment

• Like 1

BookMan

Just finished series 2 of Top Boy last night and it was really good.

Give it a crack, I think/hope you will enjoy it.

Nice recommendation Will27.

Just finished Season 1...Started Season 2.

It borrows a couple of bits from a US movie or two but overall pretty good.

Just finished season 2. Couple of surprises in that last episode. w00t.gif

For anyone wanting to have a watch. Each series is 4 episodes x 45 minutes each

Half way thru season 1 of Blacklist a recent CIA/FBI crime thing starring James Spader.

Ok so far, good performance from Spader and some interesting plot twists but the script is barely managing to cope with the highly far fetched premise.

Anyone else watching it?

The other I'm downloading at the moment is Elementary which is a Sherlock Holmes based thing set in the US - any comments?

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Half way thru season 1 of Blacklist a recent CIA/FBI crime thing starring James Spader.

Ok so far, good performance from Spader and some interesting plot twists but the script is barely managing to cope with the highly far fetched premise.

Anyone else watching it?

The other I'm downloading at the moment is Elementary which is a Sherlock Holmes based thing set in the US - any comments?

Elementary is good. I think it actually gets better as it goes on. It is half way through season 2 now.

There is an English one also, titled Sherlock. Two series x 3 one hour episodes. Excellent viewing. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherlock_(TV_series))

• Like 1

Anyone else watching it?

Elementary is good.  I think it actually gets better as it goes on.  It is half way through season 2 now.

There is an English one also, titled Sherlock.  Two series x 3 one hour episodes.  Excellent viewing.  (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherlock_(TV_series))

The Blacklist: is number 1 in my household at the moment! Spader is his typical witty self! Hopefully will be a long term replacement for Burn Notice ;) Some characters let it down though..

Elementary: another favorite, has lots of twists and turns in season 1 and doesn't stop in season 2.. I might be biased though hahaha...

Damn 'Thanksgiving' though! Stalled everything this week!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Anyone else watching it?

Elementary is good.  I think it actually gets better as it goes on.  It is half way through season 2 now.

There is an English one also, titled Sherlock.  Two series x 3 one hour episodes.  Excellent viewing.  (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherlock_(TV_series))

The Blacklist: is number 1 in my household at the moment! Spader is his typical witty self! Hopefully will be a long term replacement for Burn Notice ;) Some characters let it down though..

Elementary: another favorite, has lots of twists and turns in season 1 and doesn't stop in season 2.. I might be biased though hahaha...

Damn 'Thanksgiving' though! Stalled everything this week!

• Like 1

Anyone else watching it?

The Blacklist: is number 1 in my household at the moment! Spader is his typical witty self! Hopefully will be a long term replacement for Burn Notice Posted Image Some characters let it down though..

dam_n 'Thanksgiving' though! Stalled everything this week!

Elementary is another one of my favorites....of course it helps that I have teenage crush on Lucy Liu LOL

I have a very adult crush on Lucy Liu, so looking forward to getting started on Elementary - just finished downing it today.

• Like 2

Good to see The Blacklist is bucking the thanksgiving black out wink.png

I was a little bummed that this weeks episode was a two parter however, but expectations are high for the conclusion. I'm hoping Keane will finally rise to the occasion, since I've thought her character so far has been pretty weak.

BTW am I the only one who thinks Parminder Nagra is frikkin hot? Loved her in both ER and the short lived Alcatraz.

• Like 1

I was a little bummed that this weeks episode was a two parter however, but expectations are high for the conclusion. I'm hoping Keane will finally rise to the occasion, since I've thought her character so far has been pretty weak.

BTW am I the only one who thinks Parminder Nagra is frikkin hot? Loved her in both ER and the short lived Alcatraz.

She gets a 6.5/10 from me. Attractive, but not my type.

post-147205-0-66166600-1386074716_thumb.

• Like 1

attachicon.gifParminder-Nagra-1.jpg

I'm impressed that you rate down to the 0.5 level, thats a true professional, LOL

attachicon.gifParminder-Nagra-1.jpg

I'm impressed that you rate down to the 0.5 level, thats a true professional, LOL

Thanks GinBoy. That half mark can mean a lot laugh.png

So I finally sat through Jobs... F*** me wasn't he a real Rex Hunt! Suffice to say, don't waste the time downloading it, takes too long to get into it - if it ever really does, goes at dying snails pace... Forget it!

The Blacklist on the other hand, download it, watch it, go out for the day, come back and watch it again! Interesting twist at the end...

Now caught up with the episodes of the blacklist to EP10 and it's improved with each episode to the point now where I'm itching to see the next one. Good job!

I've got Jobs sitting waiting for viewing as well - not surprised to hear he's a c**t, he always came across as one. Still, I'm an Apple convert, so won't hold it against him.

Don't forget Bend it Like Beckham! With that delicious bit of crumpet Keira Knightly smile.png

What is not to like about Keira Knightly...wife made me watch Pride and Prejudice again the other night...dammit i'm a Walking Dead fan, and I still had a little cry!

Don't forget Bend it Like Beckham! With that delicious bit of crumpet Keira Knightly smile.png

What is not to like about Keira Knightly...wife made me watch Pride and Prejudice again the other night...dammit i'm a Walking Dead fan, and I still had a little cry!

Speaking of Walking Dead....I thought that was a pretty good mid season finale the other night