What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

So just watched the season finalé of Sons of Anarchy...

Let's just say there were some surprises there that cropped up...

But otherwise finished with a familiar theme... Looks like they've been given the green light for a 7th season..

Jax still angry?

Streaming might be cheap, but it's reliant on an internet connection that's hardly reliable.

Easy enough to download the relevant shows throughout the day whack them onto a USB device and plug that into the idiot box and veg out after work with a couple of quiet ones..

Agreed. Streaming "skips" pretty frequently and makes watching on the compter far from an enjoyable experience. I have a news program streaming on my computer right now and it keeps fading out. I much rather download something and watch it on TV later in the day.

Streaming might be cheap, but it's reliant on an internet connection that's hardly reliable.

Easy enough to download the relevant shows throughout the day whack them onto a USB device and plug that into the idiot box and veg out after work with a couple of quiet ones..

Agreed. Streaming "skips" pretty frequently and makes watching on the compter far from an enjoyable experience. I have a news program streaming on my computer right now and it keeps fading out. I much rather download something and watch it on TV later in the day.

Maybe I'm just lucky, but I live in a really small village in Isaan. I have a 10M TOT DSL connection, and generally don't have any issues. In the evenings when the routing out of Thailand gets congested it can be an issue, then I just revert to my recorded Truevisions stuff. But for 90% of the time it all works fine

Maybe I'm just lucky, but I live in a really small village in Isaan. I have a 10M TOT DSL connection, and generally don't have any issues. In the evenings when the routing out of Thailand gets congested it can be an issue, then I just revert to my recorded Truevisions stuff. But for 90% of the time it all works fine

I already mentioned this to GinBoy, but one thing about streaming from netflix and the like that has some advantage (I presume) over torrents, would be access to some of the independent movies, arthouse, small releases it seems to be difficult to get torrents for.

Here are some I'd like to watch. Metro Manila Im very keen on.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/starred_up/news/1928906/british_independent_film_awards_2013_winners/?hub=18

Dunno why you guys even bother with downloading torrents. Streaming services are cheap and much better quality, and 'on demand'

Its free and you have the benefit of being able to watch them when you need them most. ie train, boat journeys. Streaming is useless without internet connection!

The new Tom Cruise movie , due for release mid next year

The Great Sage L Ron Hubbard's prophecy has finally come true!

Pass...

:P

I will however, continue to watch over and over again Top Gun... I shall even go to the premiere of the sequel should it come into fruition (2015 apparently) ;)

I already mentioned this to GinBoy, but one thing about streaming from netflix and the like that has some advantage (I presume) over torrents, would be access to some of the independent movies, arthouse, small releases it seems to be difficult to get torrents for.

Here are some I'd like to watch. Metro Manila Im very keen on.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/starred_up/news/1928906/british_independent_film_awards_2013_winners/?hub=18

Nice link. I'd give the whole five of them a crack to be honest.

Starred Up looks very interesting though.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2567712/?ref_=nv_sr_1

I bunged on The Family last night at the last minute as I was bored with the box and had finished Fridays funnies - Anger Management, The Crazy Ones, Two and a Half Men - which I thinks taking on a different meaning of "and a half men" this season hahah - and also Elementary.

All had me feeling perked up except Elementary but that's not a bad thing given the show wink.png

So The Family, a bit of a cast of there, Lee Jones, De Nero and Pfeiffer (<deleted> me she's looking good for a 100!)

Gangster turns states evidence and goes into WitSec..

To be honest it was a bit of a pisser, I'd give it a 6...

Also re watched Inglorious Basterds in between the cricket today, but switched it to 3D for an experience haha.. Always good to revisit Tarentino's work, except - IMO - Kill Bill 1 & 2, I really couldn't get into them.

I'm either going to re watch either Fast & Furious 6, Bad Boys 2, Rush Hour 3 or The Wolverine all in 3D feeling like some kick arse action with some funnies..

Either that or bung on Blue Sky and watch The Hulk..

I've got The Family and yet to give it a spin.

To be honest, it kills me seeing Bobby De Niro in roles like this and

Analyze This etc.

I know he can't play gangsters all of the time, but he's been great in movies like

Silver Linings Playbook, Awakenings, Ronin etc etc.

Pass...

tongue.png

I will however, continue to watch over and over again Top Gun... I shall even go to the premiere of the sequel should it come into fruition (2015 apparently) wink.png

Top Gun was playing on Cinemax while I was in the gym the other morning. Seems even more awesome without any dialog LOL

Pitbulls and parolees as to be a favorite of mine

Peaky Blinders is good the first season

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thanks for the heads up on Peaky Blinders.

A sensational first series methinks.

Also has a great sound track. First time I'd

heard the theme song "Red Right Hand" by

Nick Cave and it's great.

Glad they've commissioned another series.

Pass...

tongue.png

I will however, continue to watch over and over again Top Gun... I shall even go to the premiere of the sequel should it come into fruition (2015 apparently) wink.png

I thought this could have been HUbbard inspired propaganda at first, but not in this case!

Based on a book by Hiroshi Sakurazaka,

Nice link. I'd give the whole five of them a crack to be honest.

Starred Up looks very interesting though.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2567712/?ref_=nv_sr_1

One of them from that link has just appeared on the pirate. Blue is The Warmest Colour.

The Pirate is now piratebay.pe It changed again from 2 days ago.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/dec/13/pirate-bay-domain-address-filesharing

• Like 1

One of them from that link has just appeared on the pirate. Blue is The Warmest Colour.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/dec/13/pirate-bay-domain-address-filesharing

I'm quite intrigued by their new browser... That could make geo blocking obsolete as well, no?

I'm quite intrigued by their new browser... That could make geo blocking obsolete as well, no?

Yeah maybe, be interesting what it looks like and how it works

I've used the TOR browser before, and I think they are basing their browser on the TOR network. While the tor network is basically anonymous i have found it to be a bit slow.