What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Dallas buyers club, great movie

Lone Surviour, amazing.

Have The Wolf of Wallstreet to watch next.

For us Brits who have been here a while, I ran out of TV series to watch, so I checked youtube, and there are some good ones on there with Danny Dyer. Also if anyone like their documentaries there are a load of "Dispatches" on there and some are well worth a watch if ya bored.

What I like about Youtube is that one new find leads to another surprising find.

I have been using Piceahub to download videos on Youtube and otehr media that I want to watch later. http://download.cnet.com/PiceaHub/3000-2071_4-75938066.html

• Like 1

Hmmm...Currently watching "Gravity" 2013 movie (Bullock), makes all women look like idiots. "Enders Game", "Last Vegas" (absolute garbage), all crap; "Lone Survivor" (confused Countries, war in Canada - how stupid the film makers may be...) (more Garbage), Markie Post obviously took this one for the money. "The Hunger Games", part 2, Thor-The Dark World (whatever, download but no pay)...Natalie Portman - horrible actress & hideous, but all of what Hollywood has to offer with female actresses.

....."Escape Plan"with Stallone was actually enjoyable...and "All is Lost" with Redford was one of the best of the year.

Viva Mexico & Spain for more quality film makers.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Hmmm...Currently watching "Gravity" 2013 movie (Bullock), makes all women look like idiots. "Enders Game", "Last Vegas" (absolute garbage), all crap; "Lone Survivor" (confused Countries, war in Canada - how stupid the film makers may be...) (more Garbage), Markie Post obviously took this one for the money. "The Hunger Games", part 2, Thor-The Dark World (whatever, download but no pay)...Natalie Portman - horrible actress & hideous, but all of what Hollywood has to offer with female actresses.

....."Escape Plan"with Stallone was actually enjoyable...and "All is Lost" with Redford was one of the best of the year.

Viva Mexico & Spain for more quality film makers.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Tell us how you really feel!

Wait... on second thought... maybe you shouldn't

:P

• Like 1

Well, after my epic watching of Luther - i really enjoyed it. Not a series you jump into after a few episodes. You have to watch from episode one to know the whole story. Which i hope they will continue.

The Following is still looking good, those twins still give me the heeby jeebys!!

True Detective - Dunno yet.

Killer Woman - Watch, you may be surprised-

Chicago PD - fun

CSI LV - back up and running last week as was Criminal Minds

Over and out...!!!

I won't mention my hidden love for all bling - Real Housewives of Beverly Hills......

BTW in between all my TV series i managed to watch Philomena and what a joy it was. A bit of the same story as the Magdalene Sisters. But, i bet you, will bring a tear.

Edited by Patsycat
  • Like 1

Trend Setters

Saw an episode of Homicide Hunter: Lt. Joe Kenda last week on CTH

and caught an episode again last night.

This series is really growing on me and Lt Kenda who narrates is quite

the character. He sets it apart from the plethora of other cop shows.

I'm really getting into this one.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1934673/?ref_=nv_sr_3

I've watched 3 episodes of Joe Kenda so far and like the show. Each episode seems to be about 43 minutes in length.

As you say, Joe Kenda's narration and style of speech works very well, as does the layout of the investigations

• Like 1

Gosh the best thing about going away on a vacation and not bringing the laptop: come back and have 2 weeks worth of series to 1: acquire and 2: watch! I'm going to be busy for a few weeks just to get back to speed. Plus a couple of new series to

Watched Prisoners on my flight back to BKK yesterday; different role for Hugh Jackman, interestingly dark storyline, Jake Gyllenhaal played a decent role as well. Overall kept my interest considering I was dead tired, full stomach and a couple of glasses of wine.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1392214/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Good call on this one Mr Smith.

Just caught up with it and thought it was one of the better thrillers I've seen in a while.

A few twists and turns and nothing too predictable.

If you're an Aussie, how can you not like Hugh?

• Like 1

Starting to re-watch 24.

Beginning with Day 1, Ep 1 (of course). Jack looked so young back then ...

Over tWill go on to Day 8 (last season) before May, when 24 returns ...

New series of 24 is coming out?

H#ll yeah! Airing from 5 May. It's set (partially?) in London. Some past characters returning, plus a few big-name British actors.

Search YouTube for "24 Live Another Day trailer".

I just started watching breaking bad after my daughter kept on about it ,i love it ,just started series 2 also love/hate its irish a real treat ,if a bit violent

In one way it is good you have just started Breaking Bad... You can watch the all the series back to back.

Love/hate looks interesting. I love a good crime drama. I don't think anyone has mentioned that one before

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

I just started watching breaking bad after my daughter kept on about it ,i love it ,just started series 2 also love/hate its irish a real treat ,if a bit violent

In one way it is good you have just started Breaking Bad... You can watch the all the series back to back.

Love/hate looks interesting. I love a good crime drama. I don't think anyone has mentioned that one before

yes my daughter in the UK had been watching B K from the start and raved about it ,but i had never fancied it ,(guy dying of cancer ect) but gave it a go and got hooked .

love /hate is on that beach where the pirates gowhistling.gif it was on Irish tv ,4 series ,you need to watch from the begining ,it really is quite violent ,but excelent plots another series i found good ,if a little old now Boston legal , with james spader ,a good brit series that is quite good is cold feet.

• Like 1

yes my daughter in the UK had been watching B K from the start and raved about it ,but i had never fancied it ,(guy dying of cancer ect) but gave it a go and got hooked .

love /hate is on that beach where the pirates gowhistling.gif it was on Irish tv ,4 series ,you need to watch from the begining ,it really is quite violent ,but excelent plots another series i found good ,if a little old now Boston legal , with james spader ,a good brit series that is quite good is cold feet.

Thanks for the heads up on Love/hate.

It looks really interesting.

Watched 'Unknown' last night, was an interesting one. Waited a while for the 'oh there it is moment' where you figure it out.

A bit frustrating, but overall not bad, was waiting for Neeson to break out the 'Taken' persona :P

6/10 for me..

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

One episode into the new season of House of Cards, good as I was hoping for. I guess this sets the scene for the rest of my weekend....wife hates Netflix lol

2nd season of the House of Cards remake with Kevin Spacey is out on netflicks. You can download the entire new season on piratebay now.

Looking forward to this one! First series was terrific viewing. On a comparitive basis I liked series 1 more than the original British 1990s version

For fans of Jackass, if there are any........."Bad Grandpa" is quite funny.

Had some very funny moments. The GF liked that one also

That's a relief, wasn't sure whether my wife'd find it funny.

For the TVF Record: BookMan's GF and my wife are not one and the same :P

Although if they are, we both have exceptional taste in women..

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

One episode into the new season of House of Cards, good as I was hoping for. I guess this sets the scene for the rest of my weekend....wife hates Netflix lol

2nd season of the House of Cards remake with Kevin Spacey is out on netflicks. You can download the entire new season on piratebay now.

Looking forward to this one! First series was terrific viewing. On a comparitive basis I liked series 1 more than the original British 1990s version

Just finished a marathon of the first 7 episodes. Excellent as usual. I still love the original version, but Kevin Spacey is exceptional and this series is first class in every way, from writing to production values.

• Like 1

Homefront. Action style movie. Script by Sylvester Stallone. Jason Statham as the good guy. James Franco as the bad guy. Winona Ryder as Franco's GF. Fairly much as bad as his acting. While watching this movie I felt like I had seen it before. I hadn't, but it is that type of movie. 5/10 from me

I liked it more than you. I thought that it was very decent for an action movie.

Also saw Escape Plan with Sylvester Stallone and Arnie. I felt about the same about that one too. Neither one is for intellectuals.

I'm with you on this one BookMan.

Saw it last night and felt the same way, like I'd seen it before.

I like Jason Statham, but he's really typecast in that sort of role now.

He's either ex DEA, special forces, hitman, etc etc.

I noticed the screenplay was by Sly Stallone so they're probably

close after the Expendables.

I know they're action movies etc but would like to see him in something

a bit "meatier" if you know what I mean.

Homefront. Action style movie. Script by Sylvester Stallone. Jason Statham as the good guy. James Franco as the bad guy. Winona Ryder as Franco's GF. Fairly much as bad as his acting. While watching this movie I felt like I had seen it before. I hadn't, but it is that type of movie. 5/10 from me

I liked it more than you. I thought that it was very decent for an action movie.

Also saw Escape Plan with Sylvester Stallone and Arnie. I felt about the same about that one too. Neither one is for intellectuals.

What type of alternative role do you see him playing Will? I like Statham in his action roles but I agree he is typecast. I guess though, it is one of the reasons I like him in the role. Tough, no nonsense, fighting for the underdog. . I'd hate to see him do a Vin Diesel and try and change his career. Why on why Vin didn't you do the XXX sequels!?

I really like my action movies, probably with crime and War and Post apocalyptic one of my favorite genres.

Speaking of Vin. I watched the latest Riddick the other week. I was looking forward to this one....Boy, what a load of crap it turned out to be. 3/10 from me

What type of alternative role do you see him playing Will? I like Statham in his action roles but I agree he is typecast. I guess though, it is one of the reasons I like him in the role. Tough, no nonsense, fighting for the underdog. . I'd hate to see him do a Vin Diesel and try and change his career. Why on why Vin didn't you do the XXX sequels!?

I really like my action movies, probably with crime and War and Post apocalyptic one of my favorite genres.

Speaking of Vin. I watched the latest Riddick the other week. I was looking forward to this one....Boy, what a load of crap it turned out to be. 3/10 from me

Ideally, I'd like to see him play something like Robert De Niro's undercover CIA character in Ronin.

Even actions guys like Bruce Willis, Sly Stallone and even Arnie played some different

roles in pretty good movies. I loved Statham in Lock Stock.

I like action movies as well, but I would still like to see him in something where he doesn't

have to belt dozens of guys like Bruce Lee.

I quite liked him in the Expendables also.

• Like 1