SPECIAL REPORT: Alarm raised as Thailand drowns in plastic trash

rooster59

On 12/05/2018 at 3:53 PM, Henrik Andersen said:

We farangs have try to tell Thailand in a decade you have to mush pollution and plastic bags everywhere how can it be possible you not know this before now 

As I've said before, some people you can tell a mile away but you can't tell them anything close up.

On 5/6/2018 at 11:26 AM, natway09 said:

There are so many smart people in the world including those that invented plastic in the first place , I do not believe they cannot come up with a suitable biodegradable plastic ....... just laziness & money

I have seen them in supermarkets in France

On 06/05/2018 at 10:26 AM, natway09 said:

There are so many smart people in the world including those that invented plastic in the first place , I do not believe they cannot come up with a suitable biodegradable plastic ....... just laziness & money

I would agree with u but modify slightly what u say.............. 'money & money'!

On 5/12/2018 at 2:50 PM, johng said:

I just remembered I got one (a bit) like this stashed away in a corner somewhere.

don't know if it will stand being dragged up to the stairs to 3rd floor with 50 + KG of shopping in it.

ShoppingTroleyStripes10053168_x.jpg.2d8a083b72887db66f68c983bbaebf37.jpg

Looks good but will security let you into places as Tesco with it. Last time I tried to take a simple small collapsible cotton bag into Tesco the guard insisted I check it in at service counter. After shopping and getting all my purchases in plastic bags I retrieved my cotton bag and went close to where that security guard was. I transferred my shopping from the plastic bags into my cotton one, throwing the now screwed up empty plastic ones at the guard. I wonder if he got the message.

The guard's education is the problem. Until he and almost everyone else here is properly educated on the use of plastic nothing will change. Decathlon seem to have managed it quite well. On purchasing a backpack there recently there was no question about how I'd remove it from the store at checkout: on my back. A lot of other shops would have put it in a plastic bag without thinking.

On 5/6/2018 at 4:26 PM, natway09 said:

but they have , and it just ain't catching on, probably because of the petro chem giants, and their blocking everything environmentally friendly power.