Bangkok Versus Pattaya Cable

thaimee

In Bangkok I found cable TV to be full of repeats, dull movies and probably limited cable choice. Sometimes and I say sometimes, cable was reasonable at best, only sometimes.

Since i've moved to Pattaya i've found the whole cable setup to be far more expansive with far more interesting movies, channel options and of course less repeats.

The latter being the most important as I can't for the life of me stand repeats...repeats!

Any ideas why Pattaya should air the better programmes without any restrictions?

Thaimee. Your Points of View Please...

BKK= HBO

Pattaya= UBC

Thaimee.  :o

To the best of my knowledge, UBC is direct satellite system, not cable at all, except when cabled into apts or condo building from a dish on the building. HBO (Home Box Office) is a channel available on UBC.

Possibly you lived in a building in Bangkok that only supplied a single channel from UBC, that being HBO. Wherever you now live in Pattaya supplies more UBC channels.

TH

To the best of my knowledge, UBC is direct satellite system, not cable at all,

UBC is indeed a cable TV service here in Bangkok. It started life as such under the name of UTV. It combined with the IBC multi point microwave system and added DTH service (which is what you get outside of the wired areas here in Bangkok). There are many places that only provide a few of the UBC channels so that is probably what he had. There are currently 46 active channels on the full UBC Cable service. Plus NHK as a very expensive additional option.

To be sure, thanx for clearing up much of my confusion.

It appears there were limitation's and as for watching (not really) twenty four repeats of Pitch Black with Vin Diesel as the Star I say it's about time all the Cable System's were plugged into one comprehensive Service for all too enjoy without being ripped off.

Again thanx for the responses. Not in the dark now, thanx to you guy's... :o

Thaimee. :D

• 1 year later...
Pattaya= UBC

Thaimee.  :o

To the best of my knowledge, UBC is direct satellite system, not cable at all, except when cabled into apts or condo building from a dish on the building. HBO (Home Box Office) is a channel available on UBC.

Possibly you lived in a building in Bangkok that only supplied a single channel from UBC, that being HBO. Wherever you now live in Pattaya supplies more UBC channels.

TH

can anyone tell me if ubc is cabled from a dish on the building of view talay 2 building b

if so what's the cost does it depend on a type of package as sky in uk?

:o... thought we had a hot topic going on here when the first thing I glanced at was that the poster was banned... Thinking..

"Dang, just finished writing an OP and got banned. This must be some really hot thread."!!

then noticed the mildew on this nearly 2 year old thread.... *sigh* oh well... sorry to interupt...

Yes, I'm sorry..

just hate to get all excited and worked up over something potentially quite fun.... and then get quickly disappointed..

reminds me of.......... :o

but nevermind....

I apologize for the intrusion.

As for cable in BKK, not sure, only had satellite during my times there..

Anyone else know?