Land Line

chicagogato

I'm moving to a different location in Chiang Mai, and need a phone line installed. At the old place, the phone was in the owner's name but the Maxnet bill was in my name. The new place has no phone line. I would like to know the fastest way to get back up and running. Moving in 3 days. Thanks

Almost like back home, if there are some available lines nearby. Go to the phone company and request they install service. Neighbors at your new location could probably tell you where the phone co office is for that area. Or, have your landlord get it put in. Some deposit involved, perhaps a few thousand baht.

Edited by mongoose

The bottleneck could be getting a phone number. Don't know if things has changed but two years ago it took 6 weeks from I ordered it until I got it.

Got one put in 3 months ago and it took only 3 days but it depends on line availability, manpower availability, and how well you talk to them. It can take years if no lines are available.

Edited by mongoose

If it is for Internet you will use, why not use that new Widearea NW that have started coming. We have it here in Chiang Rai so it must be in Chiang Mai too.

Cost around 550 bath/month and 256kb. A friend got it and he is 20 km outside town. It works fine he says!

I don't know the name here in CR.

Good Luck!

:D:o:D