Left a foreign country without divorce

Hi, I need to seek advise from members. 

I am a Malaysian Register marry a Thai woman in Malaysia. She went back to Thailand several months ago and I found out she have a relationship with another man. Now she want to break up with me without a proper divorce in Malaysia. Can I seek legal action in Thailand to stop her. Thank you.

1 minute ago, Katia said:

The real question is, can you get the divorce in Malaysia without her being there?

I think the real question is why has she left Malaysia to be with someone in Thailand. 

45 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I guess so but why stop her, do you think she belongs to you. ?

19 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

Why would you want to stop her if she doesn't want to be with you and she has already moved on?

I'm sure you guys wouldn't care if the wife you were legally married to would go abroad, and may run up some debts or do other things for which you can be held responsible.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I think the real question is why has she left Malaysia to be with someone in Thailand. 

She complaint too boring in Malaysia. With Spouse Visa cannot work.

Edited by Rabbit 1963
Wrong answer
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

I'm sure you guys wouldn't care if the wife you were legally married to would go abroad, and may run up some debts or do other things for which you can be held responsible.

She got more benefits vice versa. Complaint to boring at home want to get a job but here in Malaysia under Spouse Visa cannot work.

48 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

On Thursday she is still normal which I video call her every day but turn Friday a sudden change and want to break up with me. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Monomial said:

You can sue her for divorce in Thailand after 3 years on the basis of abandonment. Otherwise, if you can prove her infidelity with another man, you can sue for divorce immediately, but you will need very strong evidence. It would not be an exaggeration to say nothing short of a video of the 2 of them in the act would be acceptable. If you did have such evidence, you could also sue the man she is sleeping with for damaging your marriage.

But no, there is nothing you can do to get an injunction and force her to return to you. Your best option is negotiation with her to convince her to agree to a voluntary divorce. 

Suggest you ask a mod to move this topic to the marriage forum.

Thank you bro for your advice.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rabbit 1963 said:

1 minute ago, Rabbit 1963 said:

Monomial, I am not getting an injuction. Do I file my case in Thailand Court ? I will try to get her to return for divorce paper work and cancel her spouse visa but I doubt she will return.

File for divorce based in abandonment.  If she doesn't respond to the notice in public gazette, judge should award you divorce from her in absentia.  If she was a bar girl there, should be easier.  

Edit:  Are you a Muslim? Is she a Muslim?

Edited by 55Jay
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, 55Jay said:

File for divorce based in abandonment.  If she doesn't respond to the notice in public gazette, judge should award you divorce from her in absentia.  If she was a bar girl there, should be easier.  

No, W are non muslim.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Rabbit 1963 said:

On Thursday she is still normal which I video call her every day but turn Friday a sudden change and want to break up with me. 

Call it day bro time too move on.

• Like 1

Both parties have to sign the divoice petition under mutual consent.

There has to be some law about spousal abandonment in Malaysia. How do they handle that? (muslim and non-muslim)

There has to be some procedure for proceeding with a divorce due to spousal abandonment for Malaysian marriages (in malaysia)

Not sure what suing in Thailand will do. Did you register the marriage in Thailand?

Sent from my LDN-LX2 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

20 hours ago, 4evermaat said:

There has to be some law about spousal abandonment in Malaysia. How do they handle that? (muslim and non-muslim)

There has to be some procedure for proceeding with a divorce due to spousal abandonment for Malaysian marriages (in malaysia)

Not sure what suing in Thailand will do. Did you register the marriage in Thailand?

Sent from my LDN-LX2 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Registered in Malaysia

If I understand corr4ectly, you are Malaysian and living in malaysia. You married a Thai woman there and she left you to return to Thailand.

What you need is a divorce decree in Malaysia. AFAIK a divorce obtained in Thailand will not be valid in Malaysia. You can file for divorce in Malaysia on grounds of desertion. You should consult a lawyer in Malaysia.

If I understand corr4ectly, you are Malaysian and living in malaysia. You married a Thai woman there and she left you to return to Thailand.

What you need is a divorce decree in Malaysia. AFAIK a divorce obtained in Thailand will not be valid in Malaysia. You can file for divorce in Malaysia on grounds of desertion. You should consult a lawyer in Malaysia.

Hey Sheryl, if I’m reading the Op correctly, he is trying to save the marriage.

8 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Hey Sheryl, if I’m reading the Op correctly, he is trying to save the marriage.

That was my initial impression but his posts 13, 14 and 17 don't sound that way.

Obviously there is nothing he can legally to save the marriage. She either comes back or she doesn't.

On 07/05/2018 at 12:21 AM, Monomial said:

You can sue her for divorce in Thailand after 3 years on the basis of abandonment. Otherwise, if you can prove her infidelity with another man, you can sue for divorce immediately, but you will need very strong evidence. It would not be an exaggeration to say nothing short of a video of the 2 of them in the act would be acceptable. If you did have such evidence, you could also sue the man she is sleeping with for damaging your marriage.

But no, there is nothing you can do to get an injunction and force her to return to you. Your best option is negotiation with her to convince her to agree to a voluntary divorce. 

Suggest you ask a mod to move this topic to the marriage forum.

Bro, How can I locate marriage forum. Cheers