Thai Education Min keen to produce 6,000 skilled workers per year

webfact

6 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

6000 per year !!!

Wow, that is not a lot of skilled workers....

I wonder what percentage of the student population, 6000 is ?? 

I teach in agricultural college. Last semester we had 10 students graduating from our animal science program... they where 19 when they started!? And  the demand for skilled workers is high, 8 of those students had their employment contracts with Betagro signed before they graduated!

Edited by Kasset Tak

11 minutes ago, Kasset Tak said:

I teach in agricultural college. Last semester we had 10 students graduating from our animal science program... they where 19 when they started!? And  the demand for skilled workers is high, 8 of those students had their employment contracts with Betagro signed before they graduated!

Only 50% graduated !!

50 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Only 50% graduated !!

Yeah, to compare the levels of students in Thai education...
1. From matheum 4-6 they will almost certainly on to university
2. From technical college they will probably go on to university
3. From polytechnic college they will probably go on to university
4. From community college some go on to university

5. From agricultural college, maybe, just maybe someone will go on to university

Many times agricultural colleges get the worst of the worst students (Who wants to work in agriculture as its hard work and low pay?!), basically we get the students who can not get in to any other education or are from poor families with a small farm. So from the class of 19 that started 5 years ago... 2 are already in prison! And from the freshmen class from last year we now only have 12 left, 5 have already dropped out from school! :sad::sad::sad: 

2 hours ago, Happyman58 said:

Not much when there is probably 2 million Thai students at university getting useless degrees for jobs that are not there

+ 1

As we seen a news article before stating that yet another Pretty actually loves her job sweeping gutters.

She even had a degree so I guess she missed one of the 5000 spots out of 2 Mil 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, attrayant said:

As soon as middle schools and high schools start having their students do actual hands-on experiments in science class/lab, instead of me standing in front of the room trying to explain, for example, how a gas can be transparent at one wavelength of light but opaque at another, while glassy-eyed students look at me, only then will I believe that they're earnestly trying to change things.

Yes that bemuses me to that there are a lack of Science Classrooms

I really wander how many there could be

But in reality if there was a sudden surge in them where are the teachers that would of had to learn in them

I don't even think many of these so International schools have them

4 hours ago, connda said:

In a country with 76 million people, 6000 'skilled workers' entering the workforce based on a government lauded program is setting a really low bar.  How about 60,000?  Thailand 0.4? 

Be comforted that however low they set the bar, Thailand will be able to limbo right underneath it. It's what Thailand does. A nation of big-mouth 'me first' under-achievers with a fine sense of superiority and no superiority of sense.

Edited by KiwiKiwi

10 hours ago, MaxYakov said:

Be careful what you wish for... Either way, if you're teaching, I don't envy you, that's for sure.

Is he a teacher in a real school, or does he work for one of those schools that hire back packers from Khao San road ?