Silence Is Golden

dee123

excuse me if this topic has been disscussed before,but i am quite new to thai visa....many years ago when i first came to thailand i was asked by a thai lady to write to her boyfriend as we sat on the then deserted jomtien beach while indulging in a few drinks.she started by saying " how are you ,im missing you etc. but then carried on by saying " now i stay alone and have no money " while she was dictating this to me she was knocking back the singha and playing cards for cash. i found it quite amusing at the time,but i thought maybe i should write what she is really doing...mmm....last year a young 18 year old thai girl told my wife and two other thai ladies (who my wife had just met ) at heathrow that she was going back home as her young english boyfriend was always moaning. as it happens i saw them argueing in the check in desk beforehand.she told them she had a thai boyfriend back at home anyway.they all strongly recommended her to go back through customs and stick with the englishman.so they phoned him and said she had changed her mind and he apparently was half way back to devon but said he loved her and would come back to pick her up.....these are just two of many occassions i have remained "silent" am i doing the right thing?

If the person is a m8,you tell them.If not...you keep quiet,its their life,not yours.

If I was at the airport.I wouldnt have told the BF anything either.Its not for me to tell him.He'll find out the hard way.I certainly would not have let my wife persuade this tramp to stay though.

Edited by Jonson83

should i have written....she is out every night of the week?..........should i have shouted down the phone.....she has a thai boyfriend you know......

They wouldn't have believed you. We've all seen the threads on here of the guys that have caught their BGs out, but are still willing to believe it was a "one-off" or whatever. What's the point of risking their anger when they won't believe what their beloved is really up to? Best leave it alone. I wouldn't help out by writing deceiving letters for the girls anymore, though... :o

It's best to keep your mouth shut. Everyone should know the score and most of the time, people believe what they want to believe. I mean I'm sorry but I don't have to listen to the weather report to know that:

In the desert it's going to be hot, sunny and dry!

Even though it seems the wrong thing to do it's best to keep schtum. If you write a sarcastic line in about the truth chances are the guy will phone her and she'll spin him an intricate web of lies which he'' believe. Then you've got one mightily pissed BG out to make trouble for you.

Even if it's a mate, you'll be telling him what he don't want to hear, very often he may think you are trying to get in on her and thus it can strain a friendship. In the case of a mate the best route is to sow seeds of doubt and let him do the piecing together work, even that is not guaranteed to work but at least you will have tried.

We've got a guy in the office here besotted with a chinky girl. He's recently divorced and so is a soft touch and just refuses to recognise her for what she is. We've all tried to open his eyes but he is firmly in denial so it's like watching a slow motion train wreck.

should i have written....she is out every night of the week?..........should i have shouted down the phone.....she has a thai boyfriend you know......

no just be more subtle........just write something like tee luk, i am so lonely here, i am bored now days, not do anything but stay home- i now reading new book by Stephen Leather, called Private Dancer, this book remind me of me and you..........

:o

Edited by Donnyboy