Sewing machines/Sewing courses

Confuscious

My kid has drawn a picture of a suit and wanted to make it for her upcoming birthday.
I have been looking all over the town, but couldn't find anybody to make it.
So, I was thinking to buy a Sewing machine and let her to make it by herself.
A few years ago, there was in the Mall and Klang Plaza a sewing/stitching shop which used to learn the customers how to use them if you buy the material at their shop.
I went yesterday there, but they are all gone.
Only 1 shop at the Mall is still doing that, but only for embrodery machines.

Does anybody knows a shop which sell sewing machines and offer a sewing course?
Or does anybody know about a tailor who can make this suit?

TIA

I bought my wife a sewing machine a few years ago and it came with some free lessons. She only used it twice.

It cost 7000 baht. You can have it if you want, for a lower price. Maybe she could give lessons on how to use it. I'm in khon kaen.

@Confuscious Howdy, here take my advice!!

buy the machine from Neeranam and your kid will be happy ?. I have no idea how old your kid is...

beware that a sewing machine is not a toy!!! The needle is sharp and the hand can easily go between the grabber and the needle inserted with wire if used wrongfully. Accidents easily happens!!

If you live in the city/village/farm area there are certainly some clothes/shoe repair shops around you, you’ll just walk around and find them. The people will be happy help your kid by teaching him/her, and the advantage is communicating with the locals will be easy for yer kid to understand them. 

I have have no idea how old he/she is but if your kid still goes to school maybe the locals can teach your kid sewing after school or in the weekends or vacations.

beware that to make a suit will cost time and patience, he/she got to know the sizes. If your kid loves to do that and wants to design more suites and clothes and more, why don’t ya build an extra building connected to your house with a large display window to show designs to sell.

5 hours ago, Khun Klahan said:

@Confuscious Howdy, here take my advice!!

buy the machine from Neeranam and your kid will be happy ?. I have no idea how old your kid is...

Can you tell me who "Neeranam" is?
Address or link please.

My "kid" is 16 years old, a Madthayom 5 student.

beware that a sewing machine is not a toy!!! The needle is sharp and the hand can easily go between the grabber and the needle inserted with wire if used wrongfully. Accidents easily happens!!

That's the reason why I want her to be with a qualifyed person when she start to learn to use the sewing machine.

If you live in the city/village/farm area there are certainly some clothes/shoe repair shops around you, you’ll just walk around and find them. The people will be happy help your kid by teaching him/her, and the advantage is communicating with the locals will be easy for yer kid to understand them. 

I have have no idea how old he/she is but if your kid still goes to school maybe the locals can teach your kid sewing after school or in the weekends or vacations.

beware that to make a suit will cost time and patience, he/she got to know the sizes. If your kid loves to do that and wants to design more suites and clothes and more, why don’t ya build an extra building connected to your house with a large display window to show designs to sell.

I have been visiting a lot of clothes repair shops around, but nobody is willing to make a complete suit and none of them has the time/qualification to teach a person how to sew clothes.

In the school, the art teacher knows how to make clothes and might be willing to teach how to sew.
But the school is closed and nobody is available untill the end of this month.

Making clothes from scratch is not the same as doing a simple repair.
But my kid loves everything about "Art" and wants to make her own designs.
Why not try to help her if I can?

Thanks for your reply.

Try a little Janome machine. We picked one up in the sewing section at Robinsons at a Central Mall. It not overly complicated like some, but a strong little machine. Wife liked it so much we got one for our house in US too.
The strange thing is it was 5000baht in Thailand and $99 in US. Half the price and its made in Thailand. Go figure.
As for the training sorry I know Ubon/Warin/Kantharaluk area and not Korat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found an Elvira sewing machines dealer in Korat.
Not far from my daughters school.
So, very easy to jump in after school of in the free time.

Sewing machines start at 4,500 Baht (easy machine with 8 stitches).
A good sewing machine for my daughter cost 8,500 baht and has a free table.
Warranty is 2 year.
The also sell "sewing kits (bags, rugs, etc).

They give free lessons (lifetime) to everybody who buy a machine there.
But their free lessons are not limited to buyers of sewing machines.
If you buy there a kit to make a bag, they give free lessons on how to make the bag.

• 2 weeks later...